Sign in to follow this  
tifosi1

cig. lighter in center console is dead, fuse good

I've double check all fuses, 20 amp on the internal fuse box, but I have no power. Is there another fuse box for interior and should I go ahead and pull the center console and start looking for a broken wire?

All advise is appreciated.

Kelly

I've double check all fuses, 20 amp on the internal fuse box, but I have no power. Is there another fuse box for interior and should I go ahead and pull the center console and start looking for a broken wire?

All advise is appreciated.

Kelly

Hi Kelly. :D There are two fuse boxes. One in the passenger compartment below and to the left of the steering wheel and the other in the engine compartment.

To avoid the time and trouble of checking "every fuse", you can simply check your Owners Manual. There you will find charts/diagrams of both fuse boxes and a list of all fuses by location, number and purpose. Simply look in the Owners Manual Index under "Fuses" for the page number for your particular model and check those two charts for any fuses listing "accessory power-points" or similar wording.

If the appropriate fuse/fuses are intact, then you may have to do some more troubleshooting.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Make sure there is nothing in the bottom. I had a similar problem in our Aviator only to find out 2 years later that there was a nickel stuck in the bottom preventing the base from making contact.

it should be fuse #15 under the dash (20A). I checked over the wiring diagram for the car and this is pretty much direct from the battery distribution centre

it should be fuse #15 under the dash (20A). I checked over the wiring diagram for the car and this is pretty much direct from the battery distribution centre

hi thanks guys, I've checked the fuse panel, I fixing to pull it out. and see what happing.

Kelly

If your trying to use it as a cig. lighter, not a phone charger, check the end of the lighter element. If its all swollen, it could have overheated and broke. try another element in there.