williston

MKZ Cabin Filter/ Nav DVD

I recently purchased a 2007 MKZ. The documentation for the car, including the maintenance schedule mentions a climate filter (if equipped). Can anyone confirm the car actually has one and where it is located? The one in my 2008 Edge is located behind the glove compartment, but no sign of it there in the MKZ.

Also, is there a cheaper source out there for NAV map updates other than NAVTEQ or Ford? ($$$). NAVTEC wants $199 (!!) for an update DVD. The latest version is 8P and I have 3P, so it's quite out of date and would be nice to update.

Thanks!

I recently purchased a 2007 MKZ. The documentation for the car, including the maintenance schedule mentions a climate filter (if equipped). Can anyone confirm the car actually has one and where it is located? The one in my 2008 Edge is located behind the glove compartment, but no sign of it there in the MKZ.

Also, is there a cheaper source out there for NAV map updates other than NAVTEQ or Ford? ($$$). NAVTEC wants $199 (!!) for an update DVD. The latest version is 8P and I have 3P, so it's quite out of date and would be nice to update.

Thanks!

Hi williston. :D There is no cabin air filter in the 2007 MKZ.

Concerning the NAV updates: Other than purchasing from Navteq or Ford, all you can really do is keep an eye out in all the usual places such as Ebay, Amazon, or people on this or other forums who may be offering to sell "reference" copies.

I would recommend this first: Don't rush into purchasing the newest versions. First check the Navteq site to be sure that the newest versions actually have updated maps for your area of the country. When each update is introduced, there is a description of the regions, cities, number of POI's etc which have been updated. Check those descriptions carefully. The latest updates may not even update your region of the country, or may have updates that are of no use to you.

Not trying to talk you out of updating, just don't want people to spend money needlessly if a particular update will do them no good.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for the quick reply! Never occured to me that the Navteq updates my have been regional-only. I'll check the fine print before shelling out any $$.

Hi williston. :D There is no cabin air filter in the 2007 MKZ.

Concerning the NAV updates: Other than purchasing from Navteq or Ford, all you can really do is keep an eye out in all the usual places such as Ebay, Amazon, or people on this or other forums who may be offering to sell "reference" copies.

I would recommend this first: Don't rush into purchasing the newest versions. First check the Navteq site to be sure that the newest versions actually have updated maps for your area of the country. When each update is introduced, there is a description of the regions, cities, number of POI's etc which have been updated. Check those descriptions carefully. The latest updates may not even update your region of the country, or may have updates that are of no use to you.

Not trying to talk you out of updating, just don't want people to spend money needlessly if a particular update will do them no good.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Does anyone know which is the most current version for the Nav in a FFH?