Sign in to follow this  
bill77ocean

Sun Roof

Hi i noticed this morning a thin layer of frost on the inside of my sun roof towards the back seat, (about half the glass had a thin layer of frost), turned on the heat and it went away pretty fast, but is this normal??..(yes the car has been rained on, doesnt appear to be leaking water though).any thoughts?

Since you saw the frost I take it you had the shade opened. If so, yes, frost will happen quite frequently. It is less likely to happen if the shade is closed.

Since you saw the frost I take it you had the shade opened. If so, yes, frost will happen quite frequently. It is less likely to happen if the shade is closed.

Hi thanks, i noticed tonight condensate on all the interior windows, and sun roof glass to, with the shade closed, i have a 1994 toyota camry, with a sun roof, and its dry, makes me wonder if my toyota is better at keeping moisture from getting in..

Actually Im beginning to wonder if moisture in ford products is a normal thing, I test drove a Mustang GT (nice ride) and it fogged up pretty good with 2 people in the car, on a wet day here, not long ago, My Toyota Camry mostly stays dry all the time, just seems weird to me that I see moisture and condensate in my Fusion, all be its been wet and a bit humid here lately..the good news is it drys out pretty fast with the heater on

Edited by bill77ocean

Actually I’m beginning to wonder if moisture in ford products is a normal thing, I test drove a Mustang GT (nice ride) and it fogged up pretty good with 2 people in the car, on a wet day here, not long ago, My Toyota Camry mostly stays dry all the time, just seems weird to me that I see moisture and condensate in my Fusion, all be its been wet and a bit humid here lately..the good news is it dry’s out pretty fast with the heater on

em i alone on this, no one else has this sorta of issue, on their car???..hmmm...

em i alone on this, no one else has this sorta of issue, on their car???..hmmm...

When my car is running my AC is running and I never have problems.

When my car is running my AC is running and I never have problems.

oh i was talking about when my car sits over night, i park it outside, i notice mostly the sun roof condenses, when i'm driving i dont notice any at all. just wondering where the moisture is coming from is all, the car does "seem" tight, but i'm not positive now..

If your car is dry, you don't get moisture on your windows. I get it if I track a lot of snow into my car, warm it up by driving to work, then shut it off and let it sit overnight. The snow melts, and with the heater creates humidity, and that humidity is nothing more than water in a gaseous state. It condenses back to water and then turns to ice on the inside of the windows since it has nowhere else to go, and the windows get colder first. It's perfectly normal, and will disappear when the car warms up again. It won't go away until the carpet gets dry though, or it evaporates completely. Leave a window cracked next time you park if it's under cover, and it will go away. Or, tilt your sunroof up. If you close the sun shade, you won't get any ice on it either unless you have water on the top of the sun shade.

If you really want to have some fun, track some snow in when it's -20 degrees, get to driving, and warm it up real good while using your defrost and then switch over to vents. After about 30 seconds, your windshield will ice over on the inside and you won't see until you put it back on defrost. I did it while running about 80mph, and had to pull over for a minute or two. Your compressor stops running when you switch out of defrost unless you turn on the A/C manually, so it stops dehumidifying. The glass gets cold quick, so it freezes since it's nice and humid inside.

I leave my controls in "auto" so it runs defrost and floor when the OAT (outside air temp) drops below whatever the setpoint is that it's programmed for.

Edited by FtLewis2002