Sign in to follow this  
garsarno

All Weather Floor Mats

The Liners vs the all weather mats completely cover the floor and add a lip around them to contain any fluid. This is true for both Weathertech and Huskey. That is why I went with the liner vs the mat to get complete coverage.

I have the liner but where the left foot rest is they just lack a good 2 or 3 inches in height. You set your wet, snowy foot there and crap drips behind the liner. Actually same around the gas petal.

I have the liner but where the left foot rest is they just lack a good 2 or 3 inches in height. You set your wet, snowy foot there and crap drips behind the liner. Actually same around the gas petal.

That's my complaint on the OEM mats, but it appears the liner does the same thing, so I'll stick with the OEM all weathers.

For anyone with the two hook floormats Husky liners informed me that they have modified the new liners to fit both the single and double hook. I put a order in and waiting to see how they look.

The Liners vs the all weather mats completely cover the floor and add a lip around them to contain any fluid. This is true for both Weathertech and Huskey. That is why I went with the liner vs the mat to get complete coverage.

Dennis,

I'm debating between the husky and Weathertech. liners Do you have some pictures of your husky liners?

Thanks

Joe

I have the weathertech's digital fit mats in my truck. The only complaint I have is that they only go up a few inches on the top (by the toes), so I did not get them for my car. I just ordered the Husky Weatherbeater mats for my Fusion, hopefully will be delivered any day. They seem to have more coverage than the Weathertech mats.

Husky link: (Not the trunk liner)

http://www.huskyliners.com/Custom%20Molded%20Floor%20Liners?ct=29&d=2&dt=30#ColorChange

Edited by fusionff

I got the Weathertech floor liners and I love them so far. The only problem is the original floor mat had only one hook on the floor and the weathertech came with two holes for hooks and neither line up so it's unusable that way. (WRONG- see below post!) To me it doesn't matter though because the liner itself fits like a glove and isn't going to move anywhere. You can kind of see by the picture I took just how well (and snug) these liners fit.

My only other observation is that I wanted to lay the stock carpeted mats over the top for better comfort and appearance but the stock carpets slide around really bad on top of the liners. I would love to find some carpeted mats that will actually grip to the liners slippery plastic surface so that I could use them 2 or 3 seasons out of the year. If anyone has a non slippery carpeted mat that works, please do let me know what brand and model to get.

IMG_1208.jpg

Edited by Rodeo

Actually, I had that backwards. my new 2010 Milan came with TWO buttons to hold the mat in place and my new Weathertech Liner only had ONE and didn't line up.

IMG_1244.jpg

-

IMG_1245.jpg

-

IMG_1246.jpg

(I am simply amazed how much "dirt" a camera can pick up that the human eye fails to see. I was shocked to see all this dirt on my new floor liners already. maybe a camera just magnifys it or something....)

I'd love to see decent photos of the Husky Liners. Do they offer better coverage??

I'd love to see decent photos of the Husky Liners. Do they offer better coverage??

My Husky liners are out on the Fedex truck for delivery right now, hopefully I'll be home to sign for them and I will post up some pictures later today. Or Next week if I miss the delivery.

My Husky liners are out on the Fedex truck for delivery right now, hopefully I'll be home to sign for them and I will post up some pictures later today. Or Next week if I miss the delivery.

The Ford all weather mats that were an option work and fit well.

I wonder if the addition of a second button on later builds is in response to floor mats getting caught under the accelerator pedal on certain makes of cars. Mine was built in 4/09 and has one button.

Actually, I had that backwards. my new 2010 Milan came with TWO buttons to hold the mat in place and my new Weathertech Liner only had ONE and didn't line up.

Same thing with my Fusion. I emailed them but never heard back. Don't want anything from them, the mats still work fine and don't slide, but I wanted them to know.

Edited by commishbob

Same thing with my Fusion. I emailed them but never heard back. Don't want anything from them, the mats still work fine and don't slide, but I wanted them to know.

I think they took a quick lesson from Toyota and didnt want any potential problems or claims of stuck accelerators due to moving floor mats. One button can act as a pivot point, but two buttons will firmly hold the mat straight and in place. I myself think this is important however the Weathertech Floor Liners are so molded to the shape and contour of the floor, I doubt it will ever move out of place.

I just wish it had more floorboard coverage over the "dead pedal" area on the left as others here have mentioned. You can see in my photos above how prone it will be to get grit and slush over the top and behind it with your left foot. maybe the Husky liners are better in this regard? Let's see what FusionFF says when he gets his Husky liners delivered.

Ok boys, I have the Husky liners installed, and there is definitely more area covered than with the weathertechs. You can see by the pics that there is about an inch & a half, up to two inches in spots on the passenger side on top exposed. No need to worry anyone stepping above the liner. The driver side covers the whole left step area, very good coverage.

Drivers side:

100_0456.jpg

Passenger side:

100_0467.jpg

The rear mat goes under the seat a few inches, can't complain about that.

100_0454.jpg

100_0455.jpg

I would definitely recommend the Husky liners.

Rodeo you're correct. That was the only place I had dirt, water and salt get under my Weathertech mats. I placed strips of indoor outdoor carpet along the sides to protect any exposed carpet. Next winter I'll cover the the foot rest area to try to prevent that. I took my Weathertech's out and put the carpeted mats in for summer. The Husky's look really nice and provide great coverage. The only down side I see is getting them out to clean in winter with the melted snow on them. I had to be careful not to spill the melted snow pulling mine out to clean. The driver's seat had to go all the way back and carefully pull the mat up and out.

fusionff,

How much were the Husky liners? What made you get black in a beige interior? Do they come in other colors?

They definitely look like they have much better coverage though. But yea, they look like they'd be harder to get out to clean again without spilling the contents too.

Looks like Weathertech can learn a thing or two from Husky.

I have a gray interior, the reason I went with the black mats for my car is because I have a gray interior in my truck, and got the gray weathertech mats for it. After some use, there are dark/black scuff marks on them from shoes and sneakers, plus any debris from your footwear really stands out. I find it annoying and always wished that I had ordered black mats for the truck. So there wasn't any doubt about what color I was going to get.

These mats come in either black, tan, or gray. I ordered them from the Husky liners website for $135. You can find them cheaper elsewhere, but some of the pictures show separate rear mats, not covering the small middle hump. I did not want to chance the wrong mats showing up.

I have a gray interior, the reason I went with the black mats for my car is because I have a gray interior in my truck, and got the gray weathertech mats for it. After some use, there are dark/black scuff marks on them from shoes and sneakers, plus any debris from your footwear really stands out. I find it annoying and always wished that I had ordered black mats for the truck. So there wasn't any doubt about what color I was going to get.

These mats come in either black, tan, or gray. I ordered them from the Husky liners website for $135. You can find them cheaper elsewhere, but some of the pictures show separate rear mats, not covering the small middle hump. I did not want to chance the wrong mats showing up.

Yea, I did the same. My interior is two tone dark grey and beige and the floor in the car is grey. I went with black liners too and they look good and blend very well. The grey liners may have been too light of a grey. By eye, the black matches up pretty well although by photograph the camera seems to see a bigger contrast. The interior grey is closer to a dark grey. I relly like the coverage you get with the Husky liners, especially on the driver side up under the pedals. Wish I had known this before I bought the Weathertechs.

fusionff,

How much were the Husky liners? What made you get black in a beige interior? Do they come in other colors?

They definitely look like they have much better coverage though. But yea, they look like they'd be harder to get out to clean again without spilling the contents too.

Looks like Weathertech can learn a thing or two from Husky.

Here are pics of the tan Husky Liners in my 2010 Fusion with Camel leather interior.

The color match is good, close enough so your eyes are not drawn to the floor mats when you open the doors.

$135 direct from huskyliners.com, no tax, no shipping.

rearmat-1.jpg

pass1mat-1.jpg

drivermat-1.jpg