Sign in to follow this  
bill77ocean

Interior

i'm trying to decide on a interior color for the 2010 ford fusion, i like the sand (tan) interior, but think maybe its to bright, i want the sterling grey exterior, and think the black interior might be to dark (plus it gets hot),(i know its geting late too for the model year), any ideas would be welcome..

I've had the tan and currently have the black. (Dark charcoal) If you tint the windows, there's no difference as the steering wheel is black on both of them.

They're both hot when it's 90 with the sun beating on the car. Both of them were/are silver on the paint. The A/C cools the car faster when the windows are tinted.

I have a tan interior, lightest I have ever had, and it shows the most marks and dirt. I have dark blue paint, and the tan interior confuses me, but that is the joy of buying used. I wish I had the gray interior. I do love the tint I have now, I spent half my summer in Florida and the other half in Texas, and it sure was a hot! I live in Idaho and that was a hot last summer!

Agreed on the tint, and the dirt. Both the tan and gray will show dirt quickly. I have desert tan leather in my F350, and once it starts to wear, the dirt stays, and no amount of cleaning will get it out. The Grand Marquis I am restoring has a gray interior, and it shows every wear mark as a dark streak. The ones I had in black don't show the wear or dirt. I really cant say there is much difference in temperature between the lighter and darker interiors, the exterior plays the most part in how hot it gets.