Delawaredave

Thule Fit kid 2010 Fusion

Fusion 2010. Have "old style" Thule system (not Aero).

Anybody know what fit kit works ? I see 1124 and 2167 on web - can't confirm either.

Thanks !

Anybody know what fit kit works ? I see 1124 and 2167 on web - can't confirm either.

Thanks !

I'm a newbee. I have a 2010 Sport and am going to purchase the 2167 Fit Kit for the car. I will inform the board on what I find out.

I'm a newbee. I have a 2010 Sport and am going to purchase the 2167 Fit Kit for the car. I will inform the board on what I find out.

Thanks - here's another link suggesting 2167 kit. Find any good deals on that kit ? I'm tired of buying new fit kits for every car...

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/blog-2010-ford-fusion-car-rack-rec-86.html

Thanks - here's another link suggesting 2167 kit. Find any good deals on that kit ? I'm tired of buying new fit kits for every car...

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/blog-2010-ford-fusion-car-rack-rec-86.html

I had to purchase from dealer, I think it was approx $67.00 USD. I usually hunt Craigslist for this kind of stuff. It worked great for my other Thule rack. I bent one of the feet. Found set of four on Craigs for $20.00. Now I have plenty of spare parts.

I pulled the 2167 instructions from the Thule website. I shows that the bars should be mounted 24" apart. Don't know if the ski box will work with the bars that close, we'll see.

Thanks !

OK, I just got the package in the mail. I couldn't get it to fit correctly. I called Thule, they assured me that the 2167 is the correct fit kit for the 400 feet. I'll keep on playing with it.

I was told by the Thule rep at REI (he was there for a day) that the 400 feet would not work for the 2010 Fusion. I was told that after telling him I already had the 400 foot pack. I was told I need the 480 feet and the 1529 fit kit.

What are you doing next ? Yakima doesn't have dozens of different feet, do they ?

Thule drives me crazy - look at all these feet Thule feet And their website is lame.

I do not want to make any more big expenditures in Thule - if I have to buy 480 feet ($140) and 1529 fit kit ($60 ?) -- then I want to convert over to Yakima.........

Are your 2167 clips "close" to working with 400 feet and Fusion ? If you're not using and they are close - I'd be interested in them - maybe I can modify - I live in Delaware.

Edited by Delawaredave

Found my solution - I took and old set of clips from old Taurus - drilled out some rivets - "re-bent" the bottom piece to fit the Fusion - bolted together - works great - pic below....

My linkhttp://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm131/davejunkmail123/?action=view&current=DSCN4768.jpg