Waiting

Why did you choose the Fusion ...

I bought a fully loaded 2010 FFH after extensive research and test driving every other available Hybrid except the MB S class(tempting but not in my price range). I was looking for a family sedan for my wife, as she drove a Chrysler Town & Country before. This is the first Ford I bought, as I had bad impressions of GM from owning 80's era Cadillac and Corvettes. It was cleary the best car for my requirements, as its a real sedan which drives well for a Hybrid. Its also an expensive Hybrid sedan, but pocesses the luxury features and performance to match the price. It has similar design quality as an 98 Accord EX V6 I once owned, and the interior is approaching the MB R350 I was driving. I now drive this and my Corvette to work, and my wife will take over when she returns in June. I just fill up the tank every 4 - 6 weeks, and the car is a lot of fun to drive. I am impressed with the design and build quality of this car, and a testament to what Ford has done to revive the company.

If there is one complaint I have, it is the disabled feature for Navigation when the car is moving. The Sync feature is somewhat tedious and difficult to use when you are trying to find POI for navigation. Maybe I haven't learned all the shortcuts, but I find being able to use the screen much easier as I had that capability on my MB R350. I know its a safety feature, but I would appreciate being able to enable that mode.

Edited by Cary28

I've been a Toyota guy for many years but their recent woes had me looking around. I hadn't ruled out a Camry but they were off the market when I was looking. I had read quite a bit about the Fusion but knew little about it until the Houston Auto show in January. Saw a couple on the floor and really really liked them. Signed up for a test drive and liked how it drove. I had steered away from Fords (and other US manufacturers) for a very long time. Owning a Pinto and Aerostar will do that to you. :drop:

The qualities that convinced me were improved Ford quality, features for the price, and looks. I picked up my Sterling Gray Metallic SE this week and love it.

I bought a 2010 Fusion Hybrid for the following reasons:

- Wanted to get a hybrid to reduce my use of gas (for cleaner air and reduce my support of foreign oil)

- Ford's reputation for quality over the last few years (if I based on my 2001 ford Windstar - I would have never ever bought another Ford)

- Ford did not take the "easy" way out by taking a bailout

- Good feature set, most of what I looked for

- Small amount of federal tax rebate (almost gone a this point)

- American made (at least mostly), but needs to be good quality and priced competitively with other similar options

Started my research with the Milan and ended up with the Fusion (essentially the same car)

Gran

... over the Malibu, Camry, Milan, etc.? Was it looks, quietness, perforance, features, fit/finish, price or brand name? If you were to buy another car in a few years, would you return to the Fusion?

In order of importance, I chose the fusion for: All-Wheel Drive, quality (six months of research before I bought last September), value for my dollar, styling, and technology. I'm a little disappointed with Sync, but everything else is great so far.

I have always been a Ford Guy, mostly into trucks. My first vehicle was a 94 Ranger with the 3.0L and 5spd. Went to a 98 Explorer from there that was ok, but then wrecked it and was forced into a 98 S-10. That truck was awful, no power and crap gas mileage. I got a new job and could finally afford something better and wanted something reliable and good on gas with a nice kick of power. My parents have owned Camry's and those things are awful. Having the GM that was awful turned me off of the Malibu. The Milan doesn't look as good as the Fusion in my opinion, I don't like the grill on the Mercurys. The only other car that was on my mind was the Accord, but after driving the Fusion, there was no other choice. I love the feel, the response, it's great. Wound up getting a 2010 Fusion SE with the 3.0L V6 auto. It is an amazing car and with the ford reliability now, you can't beat it for the price.

I have always been a Ford Guy, mostly into trucks. My first vehicle was a 94 Ranger with the 3.0L and 5spd. Went to a 98 Explorer from there that was ok, but then wrecked it and was forced into a 98 S-10. That truck was awful, no power and crap gas mileage. I got a new job and could finally afford something better and wanted something reliable and good on gas with a nice kick of power. My parents have owned Camry's and those things are awful. Having the GM that was awful turned me off of the Malibu. The Milan doesn't look as good as the Fusion in my opinion, I don't like the grill on the Mercurys. The only other car that was on my mind was the Accord, but after driving the Fusion, there was no other choice. I love the feel, the response, it's great. Wound up getting a 2010 Fusion SE with the 3.0L V6 auto. It is an amazing car and with the ford reliability now, you can't beat it for the price.

mwright , I have the same car you have and must say the V6 is a marvel in Ford's engine technology. Two weeks ago I drove

1100 miles on I-95 at speeds between 65 to 80 mph and averaged 29.8 MPG. I made a trip yesterday afternoon about 150 miles

and decided to set the cruse at 55 mph to keep a steady pace and got an average MPG reading of 35.7 when I got back home!

Who else has a car with 240 hp , that's not a hybrid and can get such mileage on E10 gasoline?? I want to do a test on E-85 but

can't find any nearby.

Have you checked your Fusion for MPG's?

I'm a Ford guy to the bone. I've had three rangers, two thunderbirds, one SHO, 02 Taurus SEL, F-150, and now my two current rides my 2006 fusion se v6 and 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0. I bought the Fusion because 1. Loved them from the day I first saw one, 2. wanted to find a good midsize sedan comparable to my 02 Taurus that had been so good to me 3. Got a screaming deal on it because I work at Carmax-got it for 10k, 4. It's a Ford. Being a former Ford senior master tech, I saw these cars from day one, and they were great right out of the box. I was always impressed with the quality, as many new models had several issues for the first couple of years, whereas, these cars did not. I've only had my Fusion for a month, but I love it, and enjoy it.

the styling brought me to the car it was not as plain and old man like the others, after driving it i was sold. i work for toyota and still got a better deal buying the fusion over the camry. i also drove the accord and altima but the ford overall was the best bang for the buck and out handled the rest impressively (my other vehicle is a BMW so i know how cars should handle!) and i have had mostly trouble free driving all 92k of it

(and i just noticed the guy above me has almost the same posting id! weird)

Edited by redfire06

forgot about the 05 focus I had too.. that is weird we have almost the same posting id redfire06. Purely accidental.

... over the Malibu, Camry, Milan, etc.? Was it looks, quietness, perforance, features, fit/finish, price or brand name? If you were to buy another car in a few years, would you return to the Fusion?

For me the choice was fuel economy. Before the Fusion, I had a '96 F-150 that on a good day would get around 12 mpg. At the time I was in college and that was too hard on me. The truck has 2 16 gallon fuel tanks and I was going through them both roughly every two weeks. That's not really much different than my driving habits now, just twice the amount of fuel required. Gas was just under $3/gallon and with tax it was almost $100 each time i filled up. While looking for replacements, the other car I was looking at was the Altima because of its reputation for reliability and of course fuel economy. After driving the Fusion, however, it was no contest. The Fusion had a nicer ride, basically the same gadgets, and much better rear visibility, which I knew I'd wanting since I was trading in a truck. My only regret was that I didn't get the V6. I was living in the South at the time, and that was just fine, but now I've moved to Southern California. With the many changes in elevation and much faster pace of traffic in general, the V6 would have made getting around easier and probably more efficient. Would I buy another? Probably. But that would have to assume that the quality of Ford products is at least the same or better than it is now.

For me the choice was fuel economy. Before the Fusion, I had a '96 F-150 that on a good day would get around 12 mpg. At the time I was in college and that was too hard on me. The truck has 2 16 gallon fuel tanks and I was going through them both roughly every two weeks. That's not really much different than my driving habits now, just twice the amount of fuel required. Gas was just under $3/gallon and with tax it was almost $100 each time i filled up. While looking for replacements, the other car I was looking at was the Altima because of its reputation for reliability and of course fuel economy. After driving the Fusion, however, it was no contest. The Fusion had a nicer ride, basically the same gadgets, and much better rear visibility, which I knew I'd wanting since I was trading in a truck. My only regret was that I didn't get the V6. I was living in the South at the time, and that was just fine, but now I've moved to Southern California. With the many changes in elevation and much faster pace of traffic in general, the V6 would have made getting around easier and probably more efficient. Would I buy another? Probably. But that would have to assume that the quality of Ford products is at least the same or better than it is now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford has, and will, continue to lead the auto industry in the very best products. See the you tube clip below.

Edited by jtb3

I wanted an economical car that was large enough to travel comfortably. I considered the earlier 2.3 liter 4 but it seemed a little anemic comared to the Passat turbo I was driving at the time. I tried the 2.5 with the 6 speed auto and was hooked. Not getting the kind of gas mileage many of you are so that is my only disappointment.