Waiting

Why did you choose the Fusion ...

... over the Malibu, Camry, Milan, etc.? Was it looks, quietness, perforance, features, fit/finish, price or brand name? If you were to buy another car in a few years, would you return to the Fusion?

... over the Malibu, Camry, Milan, etc.? Was it looks, quietness, perforance, features, fit/finish, price or brand name? If you were to buy another car in a few years, would you return to the Fusion?

I chose it (again) because my 06 was nice before it got totaled. I don;t like the grille on the Milan, and if I wanted "luxury" I'd get the Lincoln. I may get a Lincoln MKs soon anyhow, with the ecoBoost, or a Taurus SHO if the dealer ever gets one in.

I wanted AWD, that rules out a lot of models. I gained trust in Ford's products, and with the Fusion, watching what they did and how they performed over the last few years.

I also wanted AWD. The only real competition was the subaru legacy, but with the ford rebates my fusion was about 3K less. You can BMW or Infiniti, but then your atleast 10-14K more. With that said, the ford so far has been great. It drives very quietly and smooth and the sync system along with navigation makes for endless entertainment. Plus my wife thinks its a good looking car, unlike subaru. I have to agree, the fusion really is a good looking car. With a huge trunk too. The only things I'd change are to put a light in the glove box, I think the side mirrors should fold in (this is probably the most important needed adjustment, especially in a city with tight parking lots), and the covers for the 12V inputs should be have a hinge and be more permanent. Personally I think the ambient lighting is cheesy, but maybe I'll change my mind...Oh, and I wish the seats had just a bit more cushion. I have heated seats so perhaps they lack the 'butt' support of the normal seats??

I second the last 2 posters wrt to AWD. Especially the last one. The trunk opening in the new Legacy was really small - another turn off. Subaru had no deals on financing or rebates or winter tires either or "retire your ride" program. I too prefer the look of the Fusion and its features other than the fixed mirrors and the wiper stalk.

I've been a long time Ford guy but have wandered when Ford's car selection and quality wasn't great, but aways enjoyed Mustangs (had 4 so far). I wanted something bigger and the looks of the new 2010 are great and aside from the that the feature content was what really did it for me, I'm a sucker for toys.

That aside I lucked into a full load SEL V6 for a week's rental on business and really enjoyed it, that extended test drive sold it for me, quiet, solid, sync good ride, it fits the bill. Like a poor man's BMW handling wise. Seat backs could be better and I'd like to see a sport mode or manual mode on the 6speed auto for the 4 cyl (I got a full load I4 SEL) but those are nitpicks.

I've bought a Sport AWD version for multiple reasons :

1- The look and color (I got the blue one). I really liked the back half of the car and side look because it reminded me a lot of a Ford Falcon wich I like a lot.

2- The interior looked really nice (leather and all)

3- When I tried the car, I fell in love with the way it drives. Just enough power, confortable enough, yet sporty enough.

4- Of course, the AWD. Since I live Montreal, the AWD is a must for the winters.

I've named reasons, but overall, I just really liked the car (I've never owned a Ford before). I've owned the car for 4 months now and I really like it. The quality is up there.

Before this car, I owned a 2007 Mazda CX7 AWD and I had a TON of problems with it. One thing I like about the SUV though was the AWD during the winters.

After getting 15 inches of snow today over Montreal, I can say this to you : the AWD of the Fusion blows the Mazda's out of the water.

Today, in heavy snow, I was driving along side Subaru's WRX like it was nothing, they had nothing on my Fusion in this heavy snow. The CX7 was using too much anti-slip, but this car has a very well balanced AWD system. I'm told that they used the Escape's AWD in the Fusion.

Anyway, I don't have anything bad to say about this car. I just really love it and hope that the quality last so I can enjoy this car for years to come.

I wanted a 2010 reworked Ford Taurus, until I actually sat in one that is. (You'd have to do it to understand).

I was initially against the Fusion remembering the discomfort I experienced on a short 10 minute test ride on the early 2006 or 2007 model I looked at, as the center console hurt my lower leg after that brief ride. Now that I'm soon due for a new vehicle, I test rode a 2010 Fusion and noticed that the center console has been lowered to a non issue and the car will sell itself. I'm tired of the road noise of my current Ford Escape but love it otherwise. However, I am ready for a bit more comfort (and creature comforts) then the Escape too so a new Fusion it is going to be. (Must be a Ford vehicle since its a Company car.) The only thing I am undecided about right now in december is the color but am getting close to order date. Just a few short 8 weeks to go before I can put my order in. Decided on the SEL V6 with appearance package, reverse sensing system and remote start, oh and with moon and tune as well.

Anyone who likes the "looks" of the Taurus will see another side of that car when you go sit in one...

Edited by Rodeo

I think it's called "the inside"............

Remind me again what is so terrible about it?

Funny! (good one)

Without even driving the Taurus (which I am confident I would have appreciated it) I sat inside and quickly ruled the car out - for myself. Totally different "feel" in the cockpit and while the car is bigger then the Fusion, you definitely feel more confined and cramped. First, I couldnt see much past the dashboard so that means you see little to none of the hood (I'm 6' tall mind you and I had first adjusted the power seat to driving position for my likes.) Then the center "swoopy" console is very high on your right side and feels like you're seated right next to a wall. Then on the other side (your left side)the door panel comes up higher then usual and felt like it was almost shoulder height. I know it was close or seemed that way (perceived that way - whatever height it was.) Lastly, the door pillar seemed to be immedietely to my left so where I would normally glance out the window before changing lanes, I felt like the door pillar was now in the way, forcing you to rely on the side view mirror by itself. I felt that was likely why Ford developed B.L.I.S. because the blind spot cannot be viewed unless you position your mirrors just right or rely on the BLIS system. I didn't feel confident that I could do it the old fashioned way and turn my head left to see a car alongside me to my left. I do not want to rely on BLIS nor do I want to "pay" for it and I do not intend to buy that option in my Fusion either. In short, I plain felt "claustrophobic" behind the wheel of the new 2010 Taurus, so much so that when the dealer salesman asked me if I wanted to take it for a test drive I declined because I already knew this car was not for me.

I have a friend who just got one and didnt drive it before taking it as a new Company Car. He confirmed the same sentiments about the driving position but he can't complain because he choose the car sight unseen. I'm sure it's a really good car and probably drives and handles very very well. It's just not for me..

With regards to the Taurus interior I found the same thing as above. I love the looks and what not of the new Taurus but that interior just wasn't doing it for me, felt like a really cramped cockpit given how big the car really is. I would have to spend a bit more time in it than a showroom look over but it wasn't a good first impression (the quality and what not was great though).

I chose my Ford Fusion Hybrid for two reasons: HYBRID and MIDSIZED SEDAN. Also, the Fusion was reviewed several times as having upped the quality level of the interior fittings and ride. In a few years, would I trade-in for a 2012-2014 Fusion?

I came from the GM world and am sure if the Malibu had the same level hybrid component system as the Fusion's, I would have gone that route. Not sure, assuming GM ever gets its act together in the future, if I would go for a real-hybrid Malibu, whenever that happens. But, the old phrase of "you dance with the who brung ya" is certainly true. You end up learning the personality of your vehicle and tend to not want to change a lot of that, which you do when you switch brands.

But, needless to say, my Ford Fusion Hybrid has been a simply marvelous "first Ford" for me. I do have issues, as we all do with any car design, but I still enjoy tremendously this car.

Main Issues:

1. No trunk valet mode switch
  2. No interior locking compartment
  3. No break-away, or power fold external mirrors
  4. Use of Microsoft SYNC for communications.

Edited by lrymal

I chose the Fusion V6 SEL AWD coming from 35 years of Hondas (most recently a "94 Accord wagon). I saw the Fusion at the NY Auto Show, liked the looks, and decided to go for a test drive. I drove an '09 and was unimpressed. Then I drove the '10 SEL, Hybrid and Sport. I also drove a Camry, a Venza, an Accord, a Mazda6, an Outback, a Sonata, and a Passat. The Fusion won hands down. All-wheel drive was icing on the cake. I also did countless hours of online research. I've had the car since September and have no complaints. There are only 3000 miles on it so far because I kept my '94 Accord, but the Fusion is a blast to drive - much like Hondas used to be. My Accord has 240,000 miles on it; if the Fusion can do that, I'll be one happy camper.

The reason I bought it 1) Price 1st and foremost and value for the dollar, got AWD, heated seats, great stereo etc 2) drove a lot better than the Accord EX V6, Chevy Malibu V6 and handles like or better than the BMW 328i I test drove.

I really wanted something less pedestrian and with a better image but in today's economy I am lot wiser with my money. I say this because I am coming from owning a 2004 corvette for the last 5 years which I had bought brand new. Loved it but pricey.

I will wait a year or two and get something sportier again. If the money thing turns around.

Because it was originally meant to replace the Taurus. And I loved Tauruses. Ford mid-size! Kinda like a Torino for the new millennium.

AWD, V6 that does not require hi-test gas, under $30K , 6-speed automatic, nearly guaranteed to get 20+ mpg city, near 30 mpg hiway. There is no other car with most of these features, except for some of the larger Subarus. Problem with Subarus are that all the V6s need hi-test gas, and they also get worse gas mileage. Any other AWD sedans, and even a RAV-4 V6 are quite a lot more money. And I didn't reallly want another SUV anyways.

Having owned a Camry Hybrid for 16 months, the Ford quality just blew it away. The ride and handling also blew it away. I would have liked the Hybrid, but was just priced out of reach. The other cars just didn't do it for me either, and I do not like GM styling or materials at all, they always look and feel cheap. I have owned several Ford cars, all RWD models and never had problems with them that couldn't be fixed easily myself, and when they came out with the 2010 models, the looks of them caught my eye, so I didn't bother looking at Mazda or Nissan, and went right to Ford. Their incentives and low financing also played a large part.

I fell for the styling at first. I had a 07 Freestyle which I liked very much but began to have concerns about the long term reliability and availability of parts for the CVT. I began looking at the Outback and Edge, but they were a little pricey for the options I wanted. I received my copy of the Winter 2009 My Ford magazine and the Fusion was on the cover. I really liked the redesigned grille and hood. I stated doing some research, and began getting price quotes in March. As I was shopping, a salesman took me to see a Sport at a reps home. The exterior and interior styling, finishes and the very comfortable seats sealed the deal. (I didn't buy from that dealer because I got a better deal elsewhere). I couldn't drive it but had a chance to drive a friends 09 Fusion and was impressed. Now that I've had mine for 11 months and 9102 miles I couldn't be happier.