BluHvn

New Sharkfin Mark II Available

Received an email from VisualGarage.com that their new sharkfin is now available for order. This unit was designed to fit over the larger based antennas that are being used on the 2010 Fusion. Just ordered mine.

Received an email from VisualGarage.com that their new sharkfin is now available for order. This unit was designed to fit over the larger based antennas that are being used on the 2010 Fusion. Just ordered mine.

$70.00? Post a pic when you get it on there, please. the one of the Lincoln looked like crap because of the curved roof.

$70.00? Post a pic when you get it on there, please. the one of the Lincoln looked like crap because of the curved roof.

Will do.

Does SYNC use the roof top antenna? How does this mode effect SYNC? TIA

Sync doesn't use an antenna. Sirius uses the base of the antenna. the rectangular part of it.

Edited by FtLewis2002

Does ANYONE have a picture of one on a Fusion? I want to see what one looks like on a 06-10 (since the roof is the same on all of them) before spending $70.00 on one.

My Sharkfin arrived today. The paint is an exact match to the Sangria Red. I hope to get it installed this weekend, depending on the temp (the 3M tape doesn't like the cold). Will post pics once done.

My Sharkfin arrived today. The paint is an exact match to the Sangria Red. I hope to get it installed this weekend, depending on the temp (the 3M tape doesn't like the cold). Will post pics once done.

Have you installed it yet?

Sorry guys, it's way too cold to install it. I want to be sure the adhesive on the 3M tape takes properly. My garage is full of Thunderbirds in storage, so I'm trying to get into a buddy's place over the next few days. Stay tuned....

Here is a pic of the sharkfin prior to install. The overall size is 7" long from point to rear, 3.5" wide at the rear and 2" tall at the rear.

Edited by BluHvn

Here is a pic of the sharkfin prior to install. The overall size is 7" long from point to rear, 3.5" wide at the rear and 2" tall at the rear.

Looks good...can't wait to see it mounted.

thats exactly what i am looking for too. will you be able to post pics of the shark fin on your car after install? or just pics on your car without install?

Any pics yet?

Here you go -

Let's keep this place alive ! There is a new racing stripe kit from Ford also- looks real nice, matches the curves of the hood.

post-5595-126722196903_thumb.jpg

6 months later and no pic still?

November 27- February 27 does not equal 6 months.

I haven't ordered mine for the same reason that BluHvn has not installed his yet...too cold to mount it.

November 27- February 27 does not equal 6 months.

I haven't ordered mine for the same reason that BluHvn has not installed his yet...too cold to mount it.

December 17 to February 27 (when the post I quoted was made) doesn't equal 6 months either. I looked at his join date. oops. However, I wasn't talking to, or referring to you. I made a mistake on the date. SO DID YOU. It's worse when you try to correct someone and screw up yourself...lol

December 17 to February 27 (when the post I quoted was made) doesn't equal 6 months either. I looked at his join date. oops. However, I wasn't talking to, or referring to you. I made a mistake on the date. SO DID YOU. It's worse when you try to correct someone and screw up yourself...lol

I did not make a mistake, it still doesn't add up to 6 months no matter how you slice it.

View PostBluHvn, on 19 December 2009 - 03:15 PM, said:

That was my original post...pay attention to the 19 December 2009 date on his post...that's when he wrote his....then you wrote.

"November 27- February 27 does not equal 6 months.

I haven't ordered mine for the same reason that BluHvn has not installed his yet...too cold to mount it. "

Ummm...He wrote his post on December 19th...Where did you get November 27th from? I know, you took it from another post, thereby making a mistake. Then you tried to deny you made a mistake also, which makes 2 fails.

Regardless, where is the picture of this SUPPOSED Sharkfin II? It has been discussed since November and several people said here and on other forums that they ordered theirs, but nobody has mounted one? Like the other guy said; use a hair dryer on it if it's cold. I'm not going to buy one until I see how it looks, and I'm not going to claim I bought one unless I actually buy one.

Edited by FtLewis2002

I did not make a mistake, it still doesn't add up to 6 months no matter how you slice it.

That was my original post...pay attention to the 19 December 2009 date on his post...that's when he wrote his....then you wrote.

I haven't ordered mine for the same reason that BluHvn has not installed his yet...too cold to mount it. "

Ummm...He wrote his post on December 19th...Where did you get November 27th from? I know, you took it from another post, thereby making a mistake. Then you tried to deny you made a mistake also, which makes 2 fails.

Regardless, where is the picture of this SUPPOSED Sharkfin II? It has been discussed since November and several people said here and on other forums that they ordered theirs, but nobody has mounted one? Like the other guy said; use a hair dryer on it if it's cold. I'm not going to buy one until I see how it looks, and I'm not going to claim I bought one unless I actually buy one.

Okay maybe now you two can stop bickering and take notice of the earlier post?

Here you go -

Let's keep this place alive ! There is a new racing stripe kit from Ford also- looks real nice, matches the curves of the hood.

I think it looks good. Now the question is where can I order one? I still don't see any Fords listed at visualgarage.com.

I'll take the high road and let it go... :shift: