Sign in to follow this  
crowdogg

custom tail lights

Is there ANY one that sells custom tail lights for 06-09 fusions? ANYONE at all? I have searched the internet several times looking. I want something red, not clear like stock. I was thinking of just doing a 2010 rear end swap, all you need is the lights and bumper, but thats still spendy. Thanks in advanced for help.

Check out Lamin-x. They have red tint as well as black tint in pre-cut forms. Pretty easy to install on the Fusion. They'll also send you free samples which I highly recommend before ordering. I changed my mind once I got my samples today. I'm just blacking out my lights but thinking about doing cut outs for the back up lights.

BTW, the back up lights on the new Fusion suck compare to the 2007 I just turned in. I back up in to my driveway everyday and there's a lot less light. Luckily I have the backup cam.

Concerning the 2010 rear swap: Before you order the parts, park your Fusion next to a 2010 model and compare the trunk lids and taillights. You will see that the 2010 taillights and trunk have character lines that flow into one another. A taillight/bumper swap may not look right without the 2010 trunk lid, which would make the swap that much more expensive.

I realize this, I was just listing the bare minimum required for fit. I dont know that I would ever actually do the swap, but at least I know that i could if I wanted too ( with a discount, I work for ford)! thanks for the info, I just really wish there were some companies making custom parts for Fusions.