RoushSEL

Seatbelt Dinger Question

I agree with Akirby -to wear the seat belt or not is your call. I think most people are familiar that the benefits outweigh the downfalls. In the example given, remember - the seatbelt would not have been responsible for what may have happened when the roof was sheared off, that would have been the cause and effect. People argue with physics everyday, those that gamble risk loosing big time. Hit a ditch at 25 MPH and see how abruptly a vehicle stops, you may have a new appreciation for your seatbelt. I doubt anybody online will be able to change your opinion of when and why to wear your seatbelt, I do hope your approach serves you well.

I also agree with Andre, when it is my car, you have two choices...

Have you seen the MyKey video, the belt minder will actually mute the radio. I love it! For the record, I made a series of poor judgements one evening, and got into a vehicle being driven by somebody who had no business being behind the wheel. We hit another moving car from behind, and I was injured. Since then, I wear my seat belt to move the car from the driveway to park in the street.

Best of luck to ya!

Once again this is turning into a argument of opinions! I race a dirt latemodel on a weekly basis! And have been in my share of crashes! So I know how fast a vehicle can come to an abrubt stop! But it is also my choice to drive without my belt if I'm just traveling down my long driveway to get the mail or down the country road to the store! I'm now done with this subject and to each their own! But I do know one thing! Everyone knows when you get in a real tence situation, most people panic! And I for one know if I would've had my belt on during that accident I wouldn't be here! As I had to make a split second move! And I highly doubt I would've ducked in time with a belt restricting my movement at a fast pace! Since when your hard on the brakes you belts lock down!

Once again this is turning into a argument of opinions! I race a dirt latemodel on a weekly basis! And have been in my share of crashes! So I know how fast a vehicle can come to an abrubt stop! But it is also my choice to drive without my belt if I'm just traveling down my long driveway to get the mail or down the country road to the store! I'm now done with this subject and to each their own! But I do know one thing! Everyone knows when you get in a real tence situation, most people panic! And I for one know if I would've had my belt on during that accident I wouldn't be here! As I had to make a split second move! And I highly doubt I would've ducked in time with a belt restricting my movement at a fast pace! Since when your hard on the brakes you belts lock down!

I bet when you race you wear a helmet, harness and possible other safety equipment. You seem to be helping the side you are against. Again, I do not mean to insult you, just please don't throw out opinion and observations as facts. I have never seen a plane crash, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I wear my seatbelt on those things too, kinda silly I guess...

Well I know I'm talking to deaf ears here that only want to hear what they want! I did not help the other side! I only stated that I know first hand how fast cars can stop in a accident! But I was watching speed tv's dangerous drives lastnight and they had a roll over accident on there that the women was thrown 50 feet out of the car! Wanna know what the state trooper said?

In a roll over you have a 50/50 chance of survival when wearing your seatbelt! Sometimes its better to be tossed out so that your not crushed inside the car! Lastnights rollover he stated that if the woman would have been belted she would have been a fatality!

So once again I am now done with this subject! danager i respect the opinons on here! But I also would appreciate alittle respect for my own! As all the nay sayers on here don't want to get in their car without a seatbelt, thats fine! You don't see me on here blasting them for wearing it! So I feel there should be no difference in my opinon! But the only opinons I don't respect is akirby as I can see he thinks hes a know it all that won't listen to anything! I speak my opinons on what I know! And when someone wants to act like I'm liying or making bs. Then I take offence!

I said it once so I'll say it again! You think you know everything! Have your opinon your not wrong!! There thats what I think you want to hear!! I never once said not wearing a seatbelt is safer!!! Have a nice day!!!

I said it once so I'll say it again! You think you know everything! Have your opinon your not wrong!! There thats what I think you want to hear!! I never once said not wearing a seatbelt is safer!!! Have a nice day!!!

My opinion, wearing a seatbelt makes you more likely to avoid serious injury in the event of a crash. That's my belief, so I always wear a seatbelt and everyone who rides in my car wears one too. Now, for someone who's stated twice they are done with the subject, you sure are stringing it out. If you feel you have to defend your position, I guess that's fine, but I don't believe your going to convert many to your side, regardless of how you feel about belt use.

Edited by 2010 Sport Blue SEL

This is so stupid why are people arguing he shouldnt have to explain himself to anyone. Me personally I dont want to be going thru mcdonalds or something with the damn dinger going off cause i took my belt of to get my wallet. It has nothing at all to do with wearing or not wearing it plain and simple its annoying and doesnt need to ding every 2 seconds.

Hey, you shouldn't be eating at McDonalds either! That stuff will kill you too.

:hysterical: