Sign in to follow this  
tx_traveler

2010 FFH - Slot in glove compartment

In my 2010 Fusion Hybrid, there is a large vertical slot on the right side of my glove compartment. Any idea what that is designed for? It's an odd shape due to the curvature of the dashboard. About the only thing that easily fits are CDs, but they are difficult to reach, especially from the driver's seat.

Funny.... I didn't even know it was there! Five CDs with jewel cases fit just fine.

Hrrrrmmmm... This car has five interior storage compartments (not counting the door pockets) and not a single one locks.

Funny.... I didn't even know it was there! Five CDs with jewel cases fit just fine.

Hrrrrmmmm... This car has five interior storage compartments (not counting the door pockets) and not a single one locks.

Doesn't your car lock? seems to me, if somebody is in the car, I am not too concerned to lock up my kleenex and owners manual...

I worked on cars for year, I always found it odd when somebody would go lock their glovebox, or whatever else - then hand over the keys.

Doesn't your car lock? seems to me, if somebody is in the car, I am not too concerned to lock up my kleenex and owners manual...

I worked on cars for year, I always found it odd when somebody would go lock their glovebox, or whatever else - then hand over the keys.

Oh, good grief. There ya go! Odd it is, then. Weird thing to want a locking compartment. I guess car techs are thieves so that kills the entire idea, assuming that's who the keys are being handed to.

My 2002 Chevy Avalanche had a locking glovebox with its own key. If I remember right they called it a Valet key so when you left your vehicle you could lock up the glovebox and take that key with you.

If someone wants something in your glovebox, that puny little lock wont stop them. I would much rather not have a lock, than to have one and have some idiot yank the damned thing open and bust the dash, only to find nothing it it but some of the wifes aunt flo pads.