Slip

A\C Less than expected

Is it just the fact that my car is a 4 cylinder that the A\C doesn't get as cold as my V8 did? I guess it could be coinicidence that the temps are high right now in my area, but man at idle the A\C is not as good as I would have expected for a new car.

Actually, I had the same reaction with mine and then after a couple of 100 miles, the aircon was as cold as any I have had with any V-8. If the interior of the car is HOT HOT from broiling in the sun on an asphalt parking lot, there will probably be a problem. I live in Texas and this time of year is rough.

When I'm in that situation, I expel the hot hair by opening the sun roof and cracking a window, go down the road for about a minute, and then turn on the air conditioning. I make sure it is set to 60 and recirculate is selected. I close up the roof and windows, and all is well.

Using recirculate in these hot temperatures is the key.

I have a thermometer like the one in the link below (but analog). It has a plastic sleeve and

clip that I keep in the vent all the time. When the A/C is on this will give you an

accurate read and this is what a mechanic would do first. I keep mine in the vent

all the time. I think should be in the mid-60s at the vent.

When it's hot in the car, the A/C will feel like it's not working, but it's the vent

temperature that matters. This is typical and I've felt the same thing in

other cars. Pep Boys sells the same thing.

This is a digital one, but it will do the trick. You can finder cheaper analog ones

too.

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Digital-Insta...8851&sr=1-4

Thanks guys. Now that I have driven it a few hundered miles it seems to have gotten better. It has been hot and the windows aren't tinted nor have I had a front window shade until just today.

Thanks guys. Now that I have driven it a few hundered miles it seems to have gotten better. It has been hot and the windows aren't tinted nor have I had a front window shade until just today.

Yea, you have to let it run for a while and it should get colder. I check my thermometer in my

vent yesterday. It was 90F and the vent temp went down to 60F after about 10-15 minutes.

Cold as heck...