vanhalenfanrob

wax on, wax off

i love the metallic paint on my fusion especially the sport blue i was wondering what wax/polish people use that would really bring the sparkle out

also does anyone know what they use at the dealership, when i picked up my new car and walked outside i was blinded by it and loved it so much

thx

thx yeah that helps alot :headspin:

i will most likely get the maguiars both of you use and i will read the how to for sure

I do not have a pref since I never really used to care that much as the car looked fine. However, I waxed before the winter and was a new believer in how much it improves the look. Now that I am getting a brand new car for once (first car was bought used) I am going to baby this puppy haha. I just bought my first clay kit today (Meguiars smooth surface kit) + Meguiars NXT wax and plan to detail my car tomorrow night (tonight is drinking time, and during the day it is WAY to hot in S Texas. Figured I should practice on my jeep before making some big mistake when the new car arrives.

how often does everyone wax their car?

how often does everyone wax their car?

My planned interval is 2-3 times per year. My actual interval (after getting busy with other stuff or being lazy) is about once per year. I should do it more, but procrastinate.

Like you, I read the earlier posts on this thread and got some of the Meguiar's wax to use since I had never tried it.

Turtle Wax "Ice" is great stuff. Get the paste version, it seems to last 6 months or longer. Added bonus is that it will not screw up any black trim. Matter of fact, it makes the black parts look better. Like Armorall, but without the sticky residue.

Just bought a 2010 Fusion SE 7/24 in Tuxedo Black Metallic. Does anyone have a favorite wax that might work well for this particular color?

Thanks!

Spray Detailer is the shit!! I've been using Mothers for a long time and it makes the car look like it was just waxed every time.

Just to throw in my two cents. There are as many opinions about which wax to use as there are pebbles on the beach. Having said that here's mine. I like Meguiar's Gold Class. It gives a deep rich shine that lasts. I clay the surface in the spring and apply two thin coats. Late July apply a coat and mid to late October apply two coats to last through the winter. I have access to a indoor wash rack so I hand wash and dry once a week. The water still beads on the hood and roof. Unfortunately, my Mom is going to have to move out of her apartment and into a home, so this might be the last winter I can wash indoors. Paste wax takes a little more effort but I think it's well worth it.

I used to use the Gold Class, but switched to the NXT 2.0 for ease of removal, and ultra-slippery finish. All we're really "shining" is the clear coat. Either way, it's the Meguiars across the board for me.

What would you guys suggest for a brand new car?

Do you put any type of protective wax/sealant on it right away? Or wait say for several months before applying anything?

Thanks

Hand wash it really good using dishwashing liquid to strip off any car wash wax or dealership wax and clay it. After that, wax it very generously.