str8390

2010 Fusion SE Wheels and Tires

Can anyone advise if the Mustang 17 X 8 Bullet wheel will fit on the 2010 Fusion SE I4? Mustang wheels offset is 45 mm. Bolt pattern 5-114. See photo.post-3998-1242595664_thumb.jpg

Can anyone advise if the Mustang 17 X 8 Bullet wheel will fit on the 2010 Fusion SE I4? Mustang wheels offset is 45 mm. Bolt pattern 5-114.

Off hand that sounds about right but the figures for the 2010's haven't come in yet. I've been waiting for several months to see what kind of aftermarket wheels will fit on a 2010 Milan (same specs as the Fusion) but so far no one has been able to get one of these cars in their shop to test it. You need to know more than just offset and bolt pattern.

Can anyone advise if the Mustang 17 X 8 Bullet wheel will fit on the 2010 Fusion SE I4? Mustang wheels offset is 45 mm. Bolt pattern 5-114. See photo.post-3998-1242595664_thumb.jpg

Hi str. :D I am not sure what the standard size wheel is on the SE, so I will compare it to the Fusion wheel that I am familiar with: The standard wheel on the SEL is a 17 X7.5" wheel with a 5x114.3mm lug spacing and a +44 offset.

So first, the lug spacing is correct. As far as the width and offset: While it will "fit", it will have 7mm less clearance on the suspension side (inside), and will stick out 5mmm more on the fender side (outside).

Good luck. :beerchug:

so I will compare it to the Fusion wheel that I am familiar with: The standard wheel on the SEL is a 17 X7.5" wheel with a 5x114.3mm lug spacing and a +44 offset.

This is for the 2010's correct?

Just curious, where did you learn that it had a factory offset of +44?

I did hear the same thing about the 7.5 rim compared to the 8.0.

Off hand that sounds about right but the figures for the 2010's haven't come in yet. I've been waiting for several months to see what kind of aftermarket wheels will fit on a 2010 Milan (same specs as the Fusion) but so far no one has been able to get one of these cars in their shop to test it. You need to know more than just offset and bolt pattern.

Thanks for your input. I do not have the car yet. Hopefully it will be arriving soon. I have a friend with a 2006 Mustang with the same wheel in question. He is going to let me try his wheels on the new fusion. I will report back with the results. :shift:

dude, don't do it. These just don't look right on our cars. save ur money.

The basic car is the same '09/'10. If you look on a site such as Tire Rack, they are recommending the exact same wheel/tire combos for '09 and '10 Fusions. Far as I can tell with an 8" wheel 40mm offset is about right, with a 7.5" wheel 45mm offset is about right. A few mm one way or the other doesn't matter. Things are not that tight in the wheelwells with 225 or 235 tires. With a much wider tire, things get more critical.

Often times Tire Racks web site has (older) different information than when you call in. I wouldn't assume anything and would call them instead of just looking through their site...

Often times Tire Racks web site has (older) different information than when you call in. I wouldn't assume anything and would call them instead of just looking through their site...

That's a good point. However, nothing has changed in the chassis, brakes, suspension, or main body structure of these cars between '09 and '10 models. Yes we have new engines, and the outer sheetmetal styling changed a bit. I do have an inquiry into T/R about fitting 235/45/18 tires on my '10. We will see what they tell me.

Yes let me know what they say, because they told me last month that there were a few chassis and suspension changes.

Yes let me know what they say, because they told me last month that there were a few chassis and suspension changes.

T/R answered me last night. They verified that I can use 235/45-18 tires on 18x8 wheels with a 40 mm offset on a '10 SEL. Bolt circle is still 5x4.5" (114.3mm) and the hubs are also the same size as before.

They verified that I can use 235/45-18 tires on 18x8 wheels with a 40 mm offset on a '10 SEL.

Glad to hear it. Post some pictures of the finished project :)

Somewhere there is a discussion that points out that it is the wheel/tire combo that gives the I4 S and SE better mileage than the SEL.

I tried the Mustang wheels on the new 2010 Fusion SE. Looks like crap! Has anyone seen a chrome clad wheel cover to replace the cheap looking factory wheel cover?

This is for the 2010's correct?

Just curious, where did you learn that it had a factory offset of +44?

I did hear the same thing about the 7.5 rim compared to the 8.0.

Factory 18" wheels are +44mm. They have this info cast into the backside of one of the spokes.

Got my tires and wheels a few days ago. From Tire Rack, 235-45-18 General Exclaim UHPs and 18x8 Sport Tuning "Flight" wheels. Wheels have 40mm offset.

c3748ae4a676511bfc0510bb9a44b84a.jpg

1dbdb2cf04021eb182e755f9c44dd107.jpg

b4905ae5e9ca924ea724135bf5fa64f9.jpg

Got my tires and wheels a few days ago. From Tire Rack, 235-45-18 General Exclaim UHPs and 18x8 Sport Tuning "Flight" wheels. Wheels have 40mm offset.

6_14_09%20034.1.jpg

6_14_09%20035.1.jpg

6_14_09%20030.1.jpg

Man what a difference a set of wheels and tires can make! Looks Great. I have the same car just the SE model. I am considering upgrading my wheels soon. I will post pictures when complete. :happy feet:

Factory 18" wheels are +44mm.

The biggest factory wheel is 17'. I was going to get 18' aftermarket for our car but didn't want to throw the speedometer off.

Car looks nice :)

The biggest factory wheel is 17'. I was going to get 18' aftermarket for our car but didn't want to throw the speedometer off.

Car looks nice :)

Incorrect. Mine came with 18" wheels from the factory. Factory tires were 225/45-18 which are 25.97" dia. The 17" tires that come from the factory are 225/50-17 which are 25.86" dia. There isn't enough difference there to screw up your speedometer. Your looking at less than a 1/2% difference.

Thanks for the compliments, everybody!

How did you deal with the tpms issue? I also have a sport with 18" rims and picked up a set of takeoff rims from a 08/09 which didn't have tpms sensors. From what I understand, I just can't add the sensor to the older rims because of the way they fit. Did you install them on the new rims?

Bought the tires/wheels/sensors from Tire Rack as a package. No issues... everything works just like it is supposed to.

How did you deal with the tpms issue? I also have a sport with 18" rims and picked up a set of takeoff rims from a 08/09 which didn't have tpms sensors. From what I understand, I just can't add the sensor to the older rims because of the way they fit. Did you install them on the new rims?

Hi pcs. :D Whoever gave you that information was misinformed. The TPMS sensors can be added to the wheels (and just about any wheels).

I believe that bbf2530 is correct. Time permitting I will check the 2010 Ford service manual and see what it says to double check.

Wow.......when I spoke to tire rack I was going to get a set of their 17" rims they said with their tpms sensors my fusion system wouldn't work (I may call them back and ask for clarification). The rims I got were off I believe a 08 fusion possibly a early 09 (based on the manufacture date on the rime). If you could tell me how to make it work with the tpms sensors I would do them, if not, tape over the light. When I talked to a ford part guy I was told that the 09 band sensor would not work with 10 rim mounted sensor which confuses me. I still have a few months before I mount my winter tires, hopefully I will have an answer

Wow.......when I spoke to tire rack I was going to get a set of their 17" rims they said with their tpms sensors my fusion system wouldn't work (I may call them back and ask for clarification). The rims I got were off I believe a 08 fusion possibly a early 09 (based on the manufacture date on the rime). If you could tell me how to make it work with the tpms sensors I would do them, if not, tape over the light. When I talked to a ford part guy I was told that the 09 band sensor would not work with 10 rim mounted sensor which confuses me. I still have a few months before I mount my winter tires, hopefully I will have an answer

Hi pcs. :D There are several types of TPMS systems, and each system uses a different type of sensor. So anyone replacing wheels needs to be sure that they get the correct sensors for their particular TPMS system. The 2008-2009 Fusion used senors that were attached to the wheels using bands. It seems the 2010 Fusion uses a different type of sensor. There are no special wheels for cars with TPMS systems, just different types of sensors.

From what you explained, all The Tire Rack is telling you is that they do not yet sell the correct sensors for the new 2010 models. They probably will eventually.

I can not give specific details for each system in a short post. Suffice it to say that if The Tire Rack does not yet have the correct sensors for the 2010 Fusion, then you will need to purchase the correct sensors from your Ford Dealer or one of their Online Parts Retailers.

Hope this clears up any remaining confusion.