For the one who are interested of buying a Trailer hitch, I found a 3500LBS one made by valley industries.

Here's the link : http://www.valleyindustries.com/

The only problem is that Fusion does'nt have the holes for it , so you Have to do your own holes to hook up the hitch to the car and you also have to undone the mounting for the exhaust before to be able to install it.

Also you have to pass your bolt by the side of the bumper frame, Thats means that you need to try to pass a wire from the side to the holes then after tie your bolt to that wire and pull it threw the holes . Believe me it's quite a pain in the ass to do.

Also, an Universal Trailer Hitch wiring harness WONT fit on the fusion, because it's working with delta signals( 1 wire do all the flashing light), so you have to buy a converter for your lights, It's a Plug&Play kinda converter, so its easy to install, you dont have to do any splicing fir your wires, The only thing, you need to pass a wire from the back to the battery, and you need also a ground point. All the necessary to do the job is included in the kit.

Thats kit is about 65 bucks.

The hitch is about 150 bucks.

+ labor time if you dont do it by your own.

I can take pictures if someone needs help.

I agree the hitch install was a pain. I ended up just drilling the 1/2" hole up thru the other side of the channel and putting a pipe inside the channel to keep it from colapsing when tightened. I never could get the bolt/square washer fished into the first hole, I think it would have made it if the bolt was 1/2" shorter. Mine is a Hidden Hitch brand but it sounds like they are pretty much the same. I only plan on pulling a small foldup utility trailer with very little weight in it or using the receiver for my bike rack. The trailer is pretty clever...fits in a small shed when not in use.

http://www.lifetime.com/trailers/

I Bought the Hidden Hitch from e trailer took me 10 minutes to install the best part was no drilling. As Far as towing with any car if you do tow make it as light as possible i wouldn't tow anymore than a 14' jon boat with a small engine.

I need to install a hitch for a lift for my mobility scooter. The lift weighs 168#'s and the scooter weighs 170#'s. I thought I would need a class III hitch, but I'm being told by installers that they can't install a class III hitch on my 2010 Fusion 4 cyl sedan. Any ideas or suggestions?

Ordered a Curt hitch for my 2013 FFHTi. Less than $120 via Amazon. Interestingly the Amazon site says the hitch will work on the FFH SE but not the FFHTi (my car) or Energi. My dealer says the rear bumper and exhaust for the FFH SE and FFHTi are exactly the same. The hitch is to be delivered next week and we shall see. I had a similar hitch on my old Prius that was fairly easy to install. I use the hitch only for a bike rack.

Ordered a Curt hitch for my 2013 FFHTi. Less than $120 via Amazon. Interestingly the Amazon site says the hitch will work on the FFH SE but not the FFHTi (my car) or Energi. My dealer says the rear bumper and exhaust for the FFH SE and FFHTi are exactly the same. The hitch is to be delivered next week and we shall see. I had a similar hitch on my old Prius that was fairly easy to install. I use the hitch only for a bike rack.

Ladies and gentlemen, I direct your attention to the spectacle that is the very best use of the forum search function I have ever seen. Thanks Peircej for your contribution.

Edited by kuzzi

I'll bet its because the HyTi was supposed to have twin exhaust, and the hitch manufacturer is basing it on that. The Energi, not sure since it comes in SE and Titanium trims.

For a moment I thought you were going to say you pulled an airplane behind your prius. (someone actually did just that!)

I just installed a Hidden Hitch from these guys http://www.etrailer....Ford_Fusion.htm to use with my bike rack. I'm very happy with it and it was easy to install. You do have to cut the rear panel behind the muffler under the car but you will never notice it.post-11628-0-86048100-1370534439_thumb.jpgpost-11628-0-33092700-1370534248_thumb.jpg

Looks good! I was going to do that on the Non HyTi Ti, but decided to go a different route. Now that I know how it looks, I might consider it on mine. There is a hitch platform that I can attach my truck box to, only problem, its a 2" hitch, so would need an adapter to make it work with this hitch, but it would make traveling easier, I already know it will fit 2 large suit cases and other items.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/dee-zeereg%3B-hitch-style-mounting-kit-for-storage-boxes?cm_vc=-10005

spacer.gif

Have you guys looked at the CURT Hitch - http://www.autoanything.com/towing/73A3874A0A0.aspx?

Someone posted pics of it installed on an SE with the 2.0 dual exhaust engine and it looks great! I don't think the installation would be any different on the Hybrids and he didn't even have to cut the rear panel.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53238-curt-hitch-installation-on-2013-se-20/?hl=curt

I installed the Curt Hitch today. Took about an hour. I didn't jack the car up and it would have went faster with a second set of hands.

Bought it at AutoAnything.com for $98.68, free shipping, no sales tax. I believe there was a 15% off sale. Ordered on Wednesday, was at my house on Friday. Shipped from the Curt factory in Allentown, PA via FedEx.

autoanything.jpg

Here are some photos before I started installation.

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

Another photo from before with the actual hitch.

hitchuninstalled.jpg

A couple of photos after the installation. You barely notice the receiver.

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

And a couple of photos with the bike rack and bikes.

bikes1.jpg

bikes2.jpg

Edited by Former Expedition owner

I'd never haul my bikes off the back of a vehicle, too much risk of some stupid driver turning them into scrap metal. I much prefer roof mounted systems that are easy to put on and take off.

I once made a hitch hangoff for my truck that incorporated a 30 gallon tank of water, pump, ac power inverter, and a myriad of shelves to hold all my fish cleaning equipment!

Edit: I completely neglected to include why I brought this up to begin with. Riding around with alot of weight on the rear end makes for a very white knuckled trip.

Edited by kuzzi

Edit: I completely neglected to include why I brought this up to begin with. Riding around with alot of weight on the rear end makes for a very white knuckled trip.

It also shifts a lot of extra weight to the rear wheels. The further that weight is behind the the rear wheels the more impact the weight has. Basically the rear wheels become a fulcrum of a lever.

It also shifts a lot of extra weight to the rear wheels. The further that weight is behind the the rear wheels the more impact the weight has. Basically the rear wheels become a fulcrum of a lever.

Yeah, having that extra 500 lbs hang off the back of the truck was making the front end go wayyyy too light. 8 got rid of it after three uses, but made a good profit on it.

I keep my hauling duties to the Flex, though the hitch does look good on the Fusion, not too obscene, if I do take bikes somewhere(which may not be too long from now, kids are almost old enough), I would most likely use the Flex for that too.

BTW I like those rims!