Woody

Broken Interior Door Handle

Well it's good to hear I'm not alone in this problem... I look forward to hearing what they have to say, please keep me updated!

does any one know of a recall on the door handles i am about to replace my second door handle on the inside i have owned many cars in my day and have never had to replace the inside door handle may be reattach or replace the whole door (different stroy) but is there a replacement out there that well last if i can i dont want the cheap chrome sticker as a handle

Add me to the list. :censored: When I got back home today as soon as I opened the door I heard and felt a pop in the door handle. Bottom left corner cracked. I have a 2010 Fusion Sport that is just over a year old with 10,000 miles. Called my dealer to inquire if the part was in stock before I bring it in. Was told they have it in stock but they are required to take a picture of it and get an OK from Ford for the warranty repair. With all the posts I've seen about broken handles, I thought that took the cake. First problem to date and hope it's my last. But with all the other handle complaints I doubt it. Here is a pic.

post-5513-051871600 1289057095_thumb.jpg

post-5513-082611800 1289057104_thumb.jpg

Edited by fastfords4me

Add me to the list. :censored: When I got back home today as soon as I opened the door I heard and felt a pop in the door handle. Bottom left corner cracked. I have a 2010 Fusion Sport that is just over a year old with 10,000 miles. Called my dealer to inquire if the part was in stock before I bring it in. Was told they have it in stock but they are required to take a picture of it and get an OK from Ford for the warranty repair. With all the posts I've seen about broken handles, I thought that took the cake. First problem to date and hope it's my last. But with all the other handle complaints I doubt it. Here is a pic.

Mine just broke too 2010 Fusion. I called the dealer to make sure they had the parts and they said yes..Took the car in next day, waited four hours and they called and said they have to order the parts. I have to go back next week.

Nope, your not the only one. I have an 07 with a broke handle mechanism. Only problem I have is when removing the door panel it sounds like it is going to break so I stopped and put it back together.

Love my fusion other than cheap Mexican interior parts.

This was my first experience with the new style door clips also. They do make a very loud snapping sound when you pop them out. However unlike the old "porcupine" clips, they don't distort and lose their holding ability when popped out. I had to slip a piece of cardboard between the panel and a clip after I popped it out or it would actually try to pop back in place while working on the next one. Like others have said, its not that hard to replace, but it does tick me off that Ford hasn't upgraded the materials in this handle after 4 years of problems. As you said, I love my Fusion too. Fix it Ford!