Skydogz

Sold my Fusion Hybrid

It made me sad to part with my five year old Fusion SE. It had just under 50,000 miles and I felt almost the perfect car getting me avg 40 mpg.

But when my dad gave me his mustang and I drove it exclusively for a month, my left knee problem went away! Get back in my Fusion, knee ache returned! I do not get an ache driving my wifes Mercedes and not in my new (2017 used) Audi. So investigating my leg position in the Fusion I found that the left foot rest was closer to me than the brake pedal this caused an awkward foot position that took over four years to develop into a constant knee ache for me!

So my knee is now fine, I think the Fusion is a great car but if you have a left knee problem experiment for yourself

Edited by Skydogz

It made me sad to part with my five year old Fusion SE. It had just under 50,000 miles and I felt almost the perfect car getting me avg 40 mpg.

But when my dad gave me his mustang and I drove it exclusively for a month, my left knee problem went away! Get back in my Fusion, knee ache returned! I do not get an ache driving my wifes Mercedes and not in my new (2017 used) Audi. So investigating my leg position in the Fusion I found that the left foot rest was closer to me than the brake pedal this caused an awkward foot position that took over four years to develop into a constant knee ache for me!

So my knee is now fine, I think the Fusion is a great car but if you have a left knee problem experiment for yourself

That's really odd, but whatever works for you! Enjoy the Mustang. I just purchased one as my weekend ride. Since it's a manual, both my legs will be getting a workout! ;)

I dont own a mustang, but when I have driven them in traffic for an extended time, my left leg starts hurting from the clutch. Otherwise, I love the mustang on a highway cruise. Haven't had any pains from the fusion so far...

Driver comfort and preferences are very individual. I find my 2015 FFH to be the most comfortable car of any (of the many) that I've had. A friend rented an FFH and said he would never buy one because of the wide A pillars that interfered with his vision. Years ago I test drove a very popular VW Passat and found the visibility to be poor, like driving a tank. To each his/her own.

Edited by mwr