Sign in to follow this  
hphong2003

Hood Insulator

The earlier ones also had weatherstripping along inside of the hood and the new ones did not.

Is your hood aluminum or steel? My 2013 is aluminum.

Just checked my 2019 FFH hood and it's aluminum.

No hood insulator on my '19 FFH HyTi but I do have the weatherstripping as mentioned. I would have never guessed this until I looked after I read this post.

There were 2 strips between the inside fenders and hood. Don't see them in your picture.

This is not my car or even a hybrid but the older model hybrids had these 2 weatherstrips

2017-ford-fusion-sport-review1.jpg

Edited by billford

My 2019 also doesn't have these two fender cover. (2019/06 FFH Titanium)

I ended up with buying the hood insulator and fender cover to install by myself.

For the hood insulator, I also found there are two parts number.

HS7Z-16738-A 2017~

DS7Z-16738-A 2013~2016 (much cheaper)
Did Ford change the hood design? If not, maybe can pick up the later one.
-HP

My 2019 Titanium FFH has neither the insulator or weatherstripping. While I guess you can buy them and install them yourself, why do you feel they are needed? Especially since Ford doesn't seem to think they are needed?

Good point and one I hadn't considered. <dopeslaps self>

This confirms what Waldo said. <shakes head> For me, that's a deal-breaker. That piece is partially fire retardant, deadens noise from the engines and helps hold heat in when it's cold out. I live in a snowbelt and will not accept a car without one.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Then again, not putting one in justifies the $2000 price difference between my car and the new ones (cheaper) I guess.

I believe my 2010 FFH had the insulator. I cannot hear any difference in the cabin between it and my 2019. Both are/were extremely quiet.

As far as fire retardant, can't see how a thin piece of fiberglass will help, if the engine is aflame. And while it may hold heat in the cold it also will hold heat during the summer months. Kind of a double edge sword.

My 2010 lasted a bit over 9.5 years and until the battery fiasco I had no issues. I expect to keep my 2019 for about 10 years too. But you have a 2017 so if the vehicle is running well why would you get a 2020?