nightingale7

A/C lags when starting up

Hey everyone! This is my first post here. I joined up because I have been searching the internet to see if anyone else is experiencing what I am experiencing, and I can't seem to find anyone describing the same thing.

We bought a 2018 FFH a couple of months ago, and one of my biggest gripes with it is the lag in the a/c after I turn the car on. It takes something like 15-20 seconds for the air to start blowing at all. That may not seem like very long, but in Texas, in our heat, it is an ETERNITY. I can't seem to find anyone else describing this same "issue" in their FFH, so I don't know if this is normal, and just an annoying design flaw, or if there is actually something wrong with my ac/cc. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :noobie:

For what it's worth, my 2015 FFH blows cold air (with A/C on) pretty much immediately. Edited to add that it's usually not very hot here. When it is really hot (95-100F) then yes, it takes about that long for the cold air to start blowing.

Edited by mwr

Mine does the same. My wife's Kuga does the same. And so did my previous car, a Mk4 Mondeo. It's normal. When the car has been parked in the sun and is extremely hot, it can take up to twenty seconds until cool air comes from the vents.

It takes a bit of time for the evaporator to cool down. If the climate control started blowing aer at full speed right away, it would blow hot air, which would be much worse than not blowing at all.

Edited by Vlad Soare