Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

A10 map card

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ethermion

ethermion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 97 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'01 Cougar
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:56 PM

Friends with 2013-2016 sync 2 w/ navigation,

Ford is sending out letters for their new A10 map SD card.  They want $149.  Free shipping if you buy now!

I see the exact same thing on Amazon for $60...

Just so you know...

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

If by "exact" you mean a bootlegged copy that may or may not work...

#3 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 794 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:48 AM

I got one off eBay for $60 and it looks like the real thing and works fine, I see new roads that weren't on A9. :)

Paul

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

#4 OFFLINE   ethermion

ethermion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

Our car came with the A3 card.  Ford sent us an A4 after some major Sync update.

A5, A6, A7, A8 & A9 all came from Amazon.  They all worked fine - the exact same thing as direct from Ford.  No reason to believe they are bootlegged copies.  I can't prove otherwise, but that doesn't make conspiracy theories true.  And, be mindful that Ford doesn't make the cards.  Here.com/navigation.com does.

Do whatever you want.  If wasting $90 - $100 (per year) rocks your boat, go for it.  It will make Ford happy - free money for them.

• ptjones likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:59 PM

Our car came with the A3 card.  Ford sent us an A4 after some major Sync update.

A5, A6, A7, A8 & A9 all came from Amazon.  They all worked fine - the exact same thing as direct from Ford.  No reason to believe they are bootlegged copies.  I can't prove otherwise, but that doesn't make conspiracy theories true.  And, be mindful that Ford doesn't make the cards.  Here.com/navigation.com does.

Do whatever you want.  If wasting $90 - $100 (per year) rocks your boat, go for it.  It will make Ford happy - free money for them.

Ford and Here have an exclusive distribution agreement, so yes, there is reason to believe they are bootlegged copies because that is the only possible way they could have them.  It's not "free" money, it's money that goes to pay the licenses that pay the software engineers that write the stuff you are using.  If you don't feel guilty robbing people of their livelihood then fine, but that's why I'm still rocking the A4!

#6 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,555 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:55 PM

If you are still using A4 then you aren't supporting them either. 

My old Garmin GPS has a lifetime map update 4 times a year.  The subscription cost me $60.  It is my understanding that many Garmin GPS units now come with the updates included. 

$149 a year is "highway robbery".

• ptjones likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:52 PM

If you are still using A4 then you aren't supporting them either. 

My old Garmin GPS has a lifetime map update 4 times a year.  The subscription cost me $60.  It is my understanding that many Garmin GPS units now come with the updates included. 

$149 a year is "highway robbery".

I agree, $149 is "highway robbery", but $60 from ebay is straight up robbery.  I'd rather support nobody then support people exploiting the black market.

#8 OFFLINE   ethermion

ethermion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

$60 A10 card arrived from Amazon (NOT EBAY).  Looks legit to me, just like the other 5 I bought on Amazon (NOT EBAY).  Car thinks it is legit too.

No harm saving $90.

Already gave away the A9.  Found an A8, which I will offer for free to anyone still rocking an A4...  Just PM me.

Attached Files

• Attached File  A10.JPG   94.44KB   0 downloads

#9 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 78 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:01 AM

$60 A10 card arrived from Amazon (NOT EBAY).  Looks legit to me, just like the other 5 I bought on Amazon (NOT EBAY).  Car thinks it is legit too.

No harm saving $90.

Already gave away the A9.  Found an A8, which I will offer for free to anyone still rocking an A4...  Just PM me.

Do you notice any changes with the update from A9 to A10?  Are new roads/speeds listed correctly? Did POI's change?

409947.png

#10 OFFLINE   ethermion

ethermion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

Good question, but the answer is that I don't know yet.  Popped it in yesterday afternoon, and it is my bride's car.  Will report back on that later.

Typically (have been A3-now A10, and everything in-between), the mapping data is always a year or more off, with speed limits more current.  POI changes tend to be much more current.  Also, be mindful, that they get the road data from many, many different sources.  Here in Virginia, cities take care of their roads, the state takes care of the counties.  So one feed from the state, one feed from Fairfax City, one feed from City of Alexandria, and so on.  Some data will be better than others.  Hard job to get right.

It never has been as good as smart phone nav, but the sync screen is bigger and more convenient.  And, we are often out and about where you cannot count on cell coverage.  The card does not have that problem.  Worth it to us.

• Timewellspent likes this

#11 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 794 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:57 PM

Do you notice any changes with the update from A9 to A10?  Are new roads/speeds listed correctly? Did POI's change?

We have some new roads that show up on A10 that aren't on A9. :)

Paul

• Timewellspent likes this

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·