Sign in to follow this  
Ford Super News Ticker

Ford Marks End of Taurus Production As Legacy Of Innovation Lives On In Fresh, Expanding Vehicle Lineup

Another stupid decision by Ford.... I wish they could have brought the new Chinese Taurus design over here.

ford-taurus-china-silver-1.jpg

Edited by devon

How is it stupid? Nobody is buying large sedans. Remember how everyone said "oh if only they'd bring the Holden Commodore over here". GM did twice and both times it flopped.

Bringing over a bunch of Chinese Tauruses just to sell them to rental car companies would be stupid.

Edited by Waldo

The Caprice made a decent cop car, but the Chevrolet SS starting over 40k was much out of reach of people that wanted it, the high price and the cost of it being built in Australia is what killed it plus GM shut down all manufacturing in Australia along with Ford.

The Chinese Taurus was updated in 2016 I think the American one should have been updated at the same time, the old Taurus didn't make that good use of space and wasn't much bigger than the Fusion, I think the fusion had the biggest role in killing the Taurus. however look at Toyota they redesigned the Avalon they haven't given up on the market yet. I think if they did release the new version in 2016 instead of continuing the old body style sells probably would have picked up and yes many probably would be rental cars. Also consider the bigger taurus would make a better cop car and with the caprice being gone in 2017 those departments might have picked up a bigger Taurus.

Either way I think when Ford and Chevy abandon market segments it sends a message to the public that they are weak and can't compete with the Japanese. They are pursuing short term profits at the expense of market share. Toyota, Nissan etc are only happy to gobble it all up. Ford better hope their SUV/TRUCK sales save them because at this point I see more and more people buying rav4s and 4runners, I don't see so many escapes and explorers. and when it comes time to buy a sedan it will be very sad if ford has nothing left to offer.