Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Changing battery in key fob

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 751 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:38 PM

I found the instructions in the manual to change the key fob battery, but the first part doesn't make sense to me. See the attached image. What is the "clip" in "push the clip" and "Press the clip down"?

Attached Files

Edited by mwr, 28 January 2019 - 05:39 PM.

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,037 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:16 PM

I found the instructions in the manual to change the key fob battery, but the first part doesn't make sense to me. See the attached image. What is the "clip" in "push the clip" and "Press the clip down"?

I changed mine a few months ago.  With the key blade extended look down into the slot where the key blade folds into. You will see a little slot (kind of hard to see) that you can put a small screw driver in and pry off the back cover (the side with the Ford logo). Be gentle with a slight pry/twist motion with the screw driver blade and it will pop loose.

Edited by Texasota, 29 January 2019 - 12:19 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 751 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:58 PM

I changed mine a few months ago.  With the key blade extended look down into the slot where the key blade folds into. You will see a little slot (kind of hard to see) that you can put a small screw driver in and pry off the back cover (the side with the Ford logo). Be gentle with a slight pry/twist motion with the screw driver blade and it will pop loose.

Thanks, that's exactly right! I watched countless yourtube videos earlier this morning and found only one that (sort of) showed that. I found I needed to shine a flashlight directly into that slot (where the key blade fits into) in order to see that very small rectangular slot in which to put the screwdriver blade. Warning: I somehow managed to slightly enlarge that very small slot, probably by turning the screwdriver too much. Also, I still have no idea why they used the word "clip" in the instructions.That HAS to be the worst case of (small) industrial design, and instructions for it, I've seen quite a while.

Edited by mwr, 29 January 2019 - 06:20 PM.

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,037 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

I suspect the owner's manual instructions may be a carry over for an older version of the fob and it did not get updated. You are right, the "clip" verbiage makes no sense.

#5 OFFLINE   2014FordFusionSE

2014FordFusionSE

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

It would be helpful if the documents showed a picture of the case after it was opened. That way, you can see exactly where the clips are.

I don't need to replace the batteries on my fob yet but I tried opening it. I thought I'd break something so I didn't try again.

272055.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·