Sign in to follow this  
Jake3728

For the ones who want to know how much it costs for a key

I bought this 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE. Doesn't have push start. Regular key with fob.

Key/Fob: $195.53

Programming: $150.00

Total: $361.66

I wanted to post this because I only got estimates when I was searching the internet and if this helps anyone out, that's my goal.

Yeah. 2013 here too, no push start.

Hopefully you have not written any checks yet.

I think I know somebody that knows something about this. I will reach out. $361.66 is not only nuts, it is a crime.

Wow! And I have the push button. <shudder> I know when I needed a new Fiesta key (lock/unlock/trunk) it was somewhere near $235 including programming.

I can see a key on Amazon right now for $60 and you can program it yourself if you have the original 2 keys.

I can see a key on Amazon right now for $60 and you can program it yourself if you have the original 2 keys.

I purchased a spare key on Amazon for the same price a few years ago for my 2013 FFH. I still had both keys so I could program it myself and the dealer cut the key for $5.

I purchased a spare key on Amazon for the same price a few years ago for my 2013 FFH. I still had both keys so I could program it myself and the dealer cut the key for $5.

Yeah I recommend everyone does this while you still have the two keys. The 60-80 bucks now is a great investment and you have 3 keys. You'll be good to program a new one if you lose it.

I purchased a new FOB for about $70 online and programmed it myself. For the physical key, I sent a photo of the key to keysfast.com, and for $45, I have the physical key that replaced the blank one in the new FOB. (yes, scary)

The dealer warned me when I purchased the car that it was close to $500 for a replacement