markwilson66

Won't run in EV mode, ICE kicks in immediately.

Looking forward to your results.

Rob

I just got it back and it worked!!! As others have described, the EV meter now goes up several bars and the car runs on pure electric just as it had before. My MPG immediately increased on my trip back as I was driving in 35/45mph zones to get back to work. The acceleration lag that I was experiencing is also gone, which I suspected was related to the output of the battery

My work was done at Charles Gabus Ford in Des Moines, IA. They were aware of the issue when I scheduled the appointment. This has definitely made my day as I actually thought my battery was nearing the end of life. I know it's old, but it's amazing how far my car can travel in EV again. I have 152k miles on it

Glad to read that you got the hybrid functionality of your car working!

My question to you is can your car accelerate in the hybrid mode if you press the gas pedal very lightly in speeds under 47mph? Also where does the HV battery indicator stay previous to the repair and now after the repair? On my two 2010 hybrid vehicles both in the winter and summer the HV indicator stays most of the time all the way at the top which is not normal it should be in the middle. Also in the warmer months my cars will start in the hybrid mode and go into the hybrid mode while braking when the car speed is under 47mph. What may cars will not do is go into the hybrid mode when lightly accelerating under 47mph (which it previously did). I have 45,000 miles now on each car.

Great News, Jake1110. I'll use your experience to force my dealer (or some other local Ford dealer) to perform this fix.

By the way, today I sent a registered letter to the President of Ford North America asking him to try to get a response to my letter sent on May 13, 2019 to the VP of Safety at Ford. We'll see if that gets any reaction.

FYI, went over to another Ford Dealer Service Dept on my lunch break and spoke with the Service Advisor about this.
I was told, "I've never heard of that before. Bring it in and we can diagnose it for $145".

These guys are useless!

I would encourage everyone here to complete this form:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/?

Your Vehicle's Make Model and Model Year: FORD FUSION HYBRID 2010
Note: Your VIN, make, model, and year are all protected under the Privacy Act.
What part of your car was affected? Engine, Fuel/Propulsion System, Power Train
What happened?
The vehicle will no longer operate in electric mode. This is a major safety concern since there is no assist from the high-voltage battery powered electric drive motor. Upon accelerating from a dead stop, there is a significant lag before the ICE kicks in and provides enough power to move the vehicle.
When did this happen? 12/07/2018
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? No
Was there an injury or fatality? No
How fast were you going? (in mph) 0
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 100000

This may be why Ford may not do this. The HVB starts the ICE and they may be limiting the EV use to preserve that function. NHTSA would probably not recall for poor EV use but if the car dies on the road, they would recall and Ford would have to fix the HVB out of warranty.

I just spoke to my Ford regional manager. I have two 2010 Mercury Milan hybrid cars with currently 45,000 on each. Before the seven month storage for the airbag recall they were working perfectly. Now they both have problems going into the hybrid mode. The regional manager spoke to my service manager who stated according to the diagnostics everything is working correctly even though the service manager test drove one car and saw the car not going into the hybrid mode. So Ford said they cannot fix the problem. Hopefully the class action against Ford will have good results.

Edited by PaulGo