Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Tires, any favorites? Michelin Defender, Premier A/S, Energy Saver

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 586 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

I carry a Slime 12v compressor in the car.  Plugs right into the 12v socket, you can set shutoff pressure. Has several fittings for footballs, etc.  What I like about it versus some of the public air supplies is that the hose screws onto the valve stem so you need not hold it on.  About $25 or so at AutoZone or similar.  Just let the car idle while you use it.

Edited by Cobra348, 25 January 2019 - 12:08 AM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Grille - '17 Fusion Sport grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   2014FordFusionSE

2014FordFusionSE

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ review after a week of driving. These replaced the OEM Energy Savers:

Short story, the mileage went from 41 mpg to 37 mpg (10% drop)

Tire pressure is 37.5 psi, filled by America's Tire on install.

My OEMs were 35 psi all the time, rotated at 10k during service.

Longer story:

When they were first installed, the ICE kicked in all the time. I had reset the fuel economy gauge on install. The grip was really good, there was a lot of resistance and I almost felt like I was driving with low tire pressure.

After I drove it a few times on the freeway, crossing 75mph, it seems that the tires 'smoothened' up a bit and the resistance on the road felt less.

The first 2 days, I saw 35 mpg which freaked me out a bit, but then the mileage got better. This is my usual day-to-day commute and random weekend driving.

The first day itself was dry and then it rained a lot at night so I got to test them in wet and dry weather. Everything about the tire is great so far, and I expected the gas mileage drop.

The tires are also pretty quiet and the cushioning is good. I've seen reviews where they claim to 'drone' on the freeway, etc but I haven't experienced any of that.

They definitely grip very well on turns. The OEM Energy Savers seemed to slide a bit on turns.

I'll update my experience in a month or so. Looks like I'll be keeping them unless something changes within my 30-day 'exchange' period.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

The mpg still hovers between 37 and 38. That said, the tires have been really good in the rain and in dry weather.

I don't experience any of the sliding that I used to with the OEMs.

These are definitely very good tires so far.

272055.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·