Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sync3 head unit loses bright/dim setting and "sync" with rest of the dashboard

memory sync3 dim bright dashboard light

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chipmunk78910

Chipmunk78910

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

Good afternoon all. I've been stalking for about a year (that's how long I've had "The Ghost" - my 2017 titanium FFH). Love the car.

With the latest Sync3 upgrade back in March 2018, my headunit doesn't keep the dim/bright setting that the rest of the dash has when the lights come on. I have to manually change the dim/bright setting 1 step/notch, then return it to my previous setting for the headunit to "talk" or "sync" (no pun intended) with the dashboard.

I have several videos showing this, but I cannot upload them here.

I contacted Sync Support on Owner.ford.com. They had me do a master reset and then a module reset. Nothing. I went to the dealer and showed them my vids, they only did a reset themselves. Nothing. I asked Sync Support if they would provide me instructions on how to reflash the headunit with the latest Sync3 firmware, but they won't help me, only a dealer can ask for that.

1 thing that I noticed if that if I'm out of the car for a short time (5-10 mins max), the headunit stays in step with the dashboard. Anything longer and I have to change my brightness settings again.

Does anyone have any clues or further thoughts on this? Anything that I might be missing? I appreciate any feedback. Thank in advance.

Charles "Chip" Seiferman

Pics of "The Ghost" attached for your pleasure.

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memory, sync3, dim, bright, dashboard, light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·