Sign in to follow this  
Chipmunk78910

Sync3 head unit loses bright/dim setting and "sync" with rest of the dashboard

Good afternoon all. I've been stalking for about a year (that's how long I've had "The Ghost" - my 2017 titanium FFH). Love the car.

With the latest Sync3 upgrade back in March 2018, my headunit doesn't keep the dim/bright setting that the rest of the dash has when the lights come on. I have to manually change the dim/bright setting 1 step/notch, then return it to my previous setting for the headunit to "talk" or "sync" (no pun intended) with the dashboard.

I have several videos showing this, but I cannot upload them here.

I contacted Sync Support on Owner.ford.com. They had me do a master reset and then a module reset. Nothing. I went to the dealer and showed them my vids, they only did a reset themselves. Nothing. I asked Sync Support if they would provide me instructions on how to reflash the headunit with the latest Sync3 firmware, but they won't help me, only a dealer can ask for that.

1 thing that I noticed if that if I'm out of the car for a short time (5-10 mins max), the headunit stays in step with the dashboard. Anything longer and I have to change my brightness settings again.

Does anyone have any clues or further thoughts on this? Anything that I might be missing? I appreciate any feedback. Thank in advance.

Charles "Chip" Seiferman

Pics of "The Ghost" attached for your pleasure.

post-16431-0-53881900-1542138146_thumb.jpg

post-16431-0-60306400-1542138156_thumb.jpg