Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

How Many Miles did You Get From Your Michelin Energy Savor Tires

Michelin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 816 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

How many miles did you get from your Michelin Energy Savers tires and What tire pressure did you use?  I have gone through 3 sets with total mileage of 213k miles.  Michelin Energy Savers AS are warrantied for 55k miles and at 50 psi I got 64.5k and 64k miles out of my first two sets which weren't worn down to the 2/32", I replaced them because I was going on long trips in snowy conditions and wanted max tread.  My third set I replaced the fronts at 78k because of puncture in sidewall. They could gone probably 3k more miles anyways. The rears I moved to the front and they currently have 85k miles and looks like they will make 90k mile unless I have to go on trip in snowy conditions. smile.png 

Paul

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

Attached File  95k tire.JPG   132.79KB   0 downloads

15k miles later after replacing the fronts with sidewall hole, moving the rears to the front, new one's the rear and 95k miles on my front Michelin's using 50 psi, they still have 4/32" tread on outside, 3/32" tread on center and inside. Anyone else getting that kind of tread wear? Just another example of the advantages of using 50 psi in Michelin ES tires. BTW I had a panic stop yesterday when someone tried turning in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and turned right to avoid hitting them.  Anything that was loose came flying to the front of the car. Tires and brakes worked great!smile.png

Paul 

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

#3 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:55 AM

If anyone is interested, I've documented my success on here with the OEM Michelin tires. 75-80k, IIRC. And, it was not necessary to overinflate to that extent. Yes, I tried it briefly, and the car lost stability, and seemed inherently less safe to me. I do not recommend following ptjones' advice regarding overinflation.

244968.png

#4 OFFLINE   ethermion

ethermion

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 122 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'01 Cougar

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

Yes, we got around 75k on our factory Michelin tires.  Very pleased with that.  Lovely bride's car, so never overinflated as I don't want her to die.

Moved on to stickier tires to better meet our needs.  But, not a darn thing wrong with the factory shoes at factory inflation.

Edited by ethermion, 03 May 2019 - 09:55 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,050 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:34 PM

I'm on my second set of Michelin Energy Savers. Replaced the first set around 47,000 miles because of Minnesota winter driving conditions (need healthy tread). Typically inflate 2-3 pounds above door sticker because day vs night temperatures vary a lot in Minnesota. In Florida (warm and flat) trip computer is consistently between 50-55 per tank with mixed driving. A lot of parkway driving where speed limit is 45 MPH. MPG would be less at highway speeds.

And no, I will not endanger myself or my wife by inflating to 50 PSI.

• ptjones likes this

#6 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

If anyone is interested, I've documented my success on here with the OEM Michelin tires. 75-80k, IIRC. And, it was not necessary to overinflate to that extent. Yes, I tried it briefly, and the car lost stability, and seemed inherently less safe to me. I do not recommend following ptjones' advice regarding overinflation.

Because you under inflated your tires they lasted 10k miles less than mine so with tires costing $800 it cost you $100 more than mine plus $43 in extra gas for the loss in MPG's.  Tire Manufacture recommends using tire pressure that gives you even tire wear for maximum range. As you can see I'm getting even as shown in post#2.  BTW tires are more stable at higher pressures, because it takes out some sidewall flex, the cause for instability. I like responsive steering, less spongy felling when you are changing directions.

Have Fun Improving MPG's :)

Paul

163299.png 600 Club

#7 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 586 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:12 PM

I've got about 27000 on the OEM tread since 8/31/16.  I use TireRack rims and OEM tires in non-Winter months ... causing the low mileage so far.  I do over-inflate to 40PSI cold and check once a month - more if the TPMS screen varies a lot.  BTW that screen is only an approximation but it''s close enough for me.

I have a Slime compressor in the car that runs off the 12V socket.  That's my inflation source when needed.  It has auto shutoff so I set the PSI to 40 and let it go.  Very good investment if you watch your tires and pressure.

• ptjones likes this

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Grille - '17 Fusion Sport grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#8 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 774 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

Because you under inflated your tires they lasted 10k miles less than mine so with tires costing $800 it cost you $100 more than mine plus $43 in extra gas for the loss in MPG's.  Tire Manufacture recommends using tire pressure that gives you even tire wear for maximum range. As you can see I'm getting even as shown in post#2.  BTW tires are more stable at higher pressures, because it takes out some sidewall flex, the cause for instability. I like responsive steering, less spongy felling when you are changing directions.

Have Fun Improving MPG's :)
Paul

Uh, yeah. I forgot you're the resident expert here... I under inflated my tires? Your recommendations regarding tire pressure are out of line and irresponsible. You're recommending a pressure 40% higher than the car manufacturer. Come on man, give it up.

244968.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·