Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ordered 2019 FFH Titanium

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:28 PM

I haven't posted in a while but felt the need to because I just ordered a 2019 FFH Titanium with Velocity Blue exterior and Ebony interior. I haven't seen any other posts about the MY19. It should come in within the next 2 months. My 2013 FFH  FE has been great during the 98,000 miles I have driven it but I always wanted more tech in my vehicle. My current 2013 FFH FE only has the leather package, doesn't even have MyFord Touch. I've had the itch for the past few years and now is the time to upgrade.

For those that don't know, Ford has really scaled back on how many different configurations you can get on a FFH. The Titanium has every feature available and they no longer offer a Platinum. 

I think I did pretty good on how much I will be paying:

$35,380 = MSRP

$32,521 = My quote

$2603 = Tax, Tags, Processing

- $3500 = Current Incentives now locked in

$31,623 = Purchase price

Now to play the game, once the car arrives, with the Finance guy on the ESP (Ford Warranty) price. For what warranty I want ($0 deductible, 7 years and 125.000 miles) Flood Ford is offering $2200. My local Finance guy choked the last time I showed him a Flood Ford quote but still matched it to get some commission out of the ESP purchase.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 534 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:40 PM

I brought some of this up here.  While I'd love a '19 Titanium in Agate Black with Russet interior (close to my '15 in colors), I still owe on my current car and I do not want a moonroof.  That said, if I were to order one, it would be a SEL in Rich Copper with the Light Stone interior.

Pretty good on the final tally for the car.  And Flood has been good to me with a couple Fiestas and my FFHs.  And you're right about dealers choking when they see the numbers.

ADDED:  Ford Build & Price pages now do not show the interior colors on SEL.  I can only assume it is now only in black.  I'll need to check with my dealer to confirm or deny.  But if black is only interior choice then I'm done with Ford.

Edited by Cobra348, 04 November 2018 - 10:02 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#3 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:55 AM

Cobra - I missed your post for some reason, thanks for sharing the link to it. Your links inside of your post would have been helpful to me. I've been doing heavy research the last 2 weeks and just knew I was missing something on the different options available.

I agree with you on the moonroof, I really don't want one either but I don't have a choice now if I want the Titanium. Also agree that it's hard to tell what interior options are on the SEL. If I need to go back to the dealer for any reason before delivery, I will ask them.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

#4 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

The 2 lines in my sig just just before "my additions" are all the options I paid for on my '17.  If you look at '19 models virtually all of that is standard in SEL or Titanium with some standard on SE but can be gotten with an optional package.  Seriously ... take Nav off the SEL and add back the heat wheel and that's my current car!

I really feel a bit ummmmm ... shafted ... yeah, shafted.  I'm paying for stuff that has been wrapped into the base package.  I feel I should get a dadgum rebate or something.  Just made a payment ... only one more to go and the '17 is free and clear.

Another thing sort of preventing getting a '19 is my warranty.  I went with Flood for a 6/100 $200 deductible setup and as of now I have 44 mo/60K miles to go before that dies.  It's a pian to get refunds for unused portions ... mainly time and paperwork.

Edited by Cobra348, 05 November 2018 - 11:21 AM.

• thavil likes this

Larry - aka Cobra

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

#5 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:55 PM

The 2 lines in my sig just just before "my additions" are all the options I paid for on my '17.  If you look at '19 models virtually all of that is standard in SEL or Titanium with some standard on SE but can be gotten with an optional package.  Seriously ... take Nav off the SEL and add back the heat wheel and that's my current car!

I really feel a bit ummmmm ... shafted ... yeah, shafted.  I'm paying for stuff that has been wrapped into the base package.  I feel I should get a dadgum rebate or something.  Just made a payment ... only one more to go and the '17 is free and clear.

Another thing sort of preventing getting a '19 is my warranty.  I went with Flood for a 6/100 $200 deductible setup and as of now I have 44 mo/60K miles to go before that dies.  It's a pian to get refunds for unused portions ... mainly time and paperwork.

They just renamed the SE Luxury Package as SEL.  They didn't really make anything "standard", they just gave a different name to the same package.  The SEL costs more than the SE, so it's not like it's all of a sudden free.

And Medium Stone interior is still available on SE or SEL.

#6 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:39 PM

Agree but when the base price of a vehicle includes "stuff" that *I* for one paid extra for it sorta twists the knickers a bit.  Doesn't matter that it's renamed - I and others paid extra for the stuff that now is in a LOWER price.  C'mon ... that has to make even you go "wth?"

Glad medium stone is available ... it just was not on the site when I looked.  I even closed browser, scrubbed cookies, etc and tried again.  Site glitch I suppose.

Larry - aka Cobra

blacked out grille

#7 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,180 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 PM

Agree but when the base price of a vehicle includes "stuff" that *I* for one paid extra for it sorta twists the knickers a bit.  Doesn't matter that it's renamed - I and others paid extra for the stuff that now is in a LOWER price.  C'mon ... that has to make even you go "wth?"

Glad medium stone is available ... it just was not on the site when I looked.  I even closed browser, scrubbed cookies, etc and tried again.  Site glitch I suppose.

The 2019 SE costs ~$2000 more than the 2017 SE, so again, not like it's all of a sudden free.  Agreed that like for like the new one is a bit cheaper, but that's what happens when you add volume to the features.  You can look back in the history of the automotive industry and all kinds of features that started out as optional - like ABS brakes, power windows, air conditioning, airbags and all that stuff was more expensive when it was optional.  But then it eventually became standard and got cheaper.

#8 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 534 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM

The 2019 SE costs ~$2000 more than the 2017 SE, so again, not like it's all of a sudden free.  Agreed that like for like the new one is a bit cheaper, but that's what happens when you add volume to the features.  You can look back in the history of the automotive industry and all kinds of features that started out as optional - like ABS brakes, power windows, air conditioning, airbags and all that stuff was more expensive when it was optional.  But then it eventually became standard and got cheaper.

Waldo ... early on in the '19 model year, I looked up the numbers. Sources were a tri-fold sales brochure showing options, etc.  I build a '19 SEL online.  Without incentives or tax, the 2019 SEL (without moonroof) is $2100 less than what I paid on the '17.  I used the window sticker from the '17 to check it.

Larry - aka Cobra

blacked out grille

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·