Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Scraping sound from rear wheel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sbeachy

sbeachy

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

I have a 2015 Fusion Energi. I bought it 4 months ago with 6,000 miles on it. When driving through a tunnel or beside a building or guardrail, I hear a metallic scraping sound. This has been going on ever since I bought the car. I finally jacked it up and found that if I spin the left rear wheel, I get the sound. Here is an audio recording of it:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!...nai07w9FDPhseog

I've had it at the dealer and they claim they are unable to hear any unusual noise (I dropped it off while I went to work), even though I sent the recording to 2 mechanic friends and both of them say it definitely does not sound normal. As far as I can tell the noise is constant, whether I'm accelerating, braking or coasting.

Does anyone know if this is actually normal?

I should note that the dealer says the noise I'm hearing may be related to regenerative braking, but they refuse to actually acknowledge that they heard the noise. I offered to send them the recording I attached here, and they said "No don't bother, it won't help at all." I don't see how it couldn't help to at least let them know what noise I'm hearing. Which makes me suspicious they're deliberately ignoring the noise... Perhaps because it's under warranty?

Edited by sbeachy, 18 October 2018 - 09:16 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   billford

billford

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 253 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:None
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:40 PM

Looks as if you did most of the diagnostic work by locating the noise yourself, which is usually the hardest part. 

If its doing it all the time and they can't hear it, drive it and duplicate it with the tech to prove that the noise is there. 

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·