dsv

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid reliability

Do not touch a 2013 unless the transmission has been replaced. I doubt the fuel system problems apply to the hybrid. We haven't heard of many on these forums. There was also some HVAC duct mold on some early 2013s and transmission seam oil leaks, all expensive out of warranty.

My wife never liked my 2013 FFH primarily due to the low passenger seat. It is probably the primary reason I traded in the Fusion instead of her 2006 Lexus RX 330 when we purchased our new Acura RDX. Saving money on gas on long distance trips wasn't worth the complaints I'd get.

Kind of funny that the comfort of the passenger seat in my 2013 FFH convinced my wife to get her own 2014, which she drives the heck out of. To each her own, I guess!

Plenty of long trips in either car, too, with no complaints from either of us about the passenger seat.

Everyone has different tolerances for dealing with car issues. One of the reasons you rejected another car in favor of the Fusion would probably be considered silly by someone else who ended up driving an Accord (although most of us on this forum would be of the opinion they made the wrong choice!).

His reasons are no more silly than yours - just different. It's all about personal preferences and there's no right or wrong answer when it comes to that.

Agree. I had a different take on the concern about low seat from B25Nut's wife. Rather than it being uncomfortable once seated in the car the concern may be about the difficulty of getting in/out of the FFH's low seat which is a common complaint about sedans. This becomes more of an issue as we age. This is also one of many reasons SUVs are popular - they are easy to get in and out of.