Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Chimes Go Off Constantly and Car Doesn't Start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   2012 FFH Owner

2012 FFH Owner

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:18 PM

Nearly two years ago my 2012 Fusion Hybrid -- currently at 60,600 miles --- started "singing" to me --- alarm chimes would go off at random times while I was driving --- seems to be when I hit the gas pedal and it's worse when it's damp/humid outside.  Once in a while I would get a flashing temperature gauge light when the chimes went off and sometimes not. 

Brought the car in twice and both times the dealer service technicians said they couldn't find any problems and I'd have to live with it.  But, I should feel free to bring it in again if it got worse.  I was under warranty at that time.  

Now, several times a week the car won't start and the dashboard lights flash, they all light up, the do a scroll across the dashboard and the car makes sparking noises.  And, the chimes are so bad they make me and my passengers crazy!  They can't get me in until Monday, but I'm hoping someone has some idea of what I can tell them to look for to fix both of these issues.  

They haven't done the steering recall fix yet because they said they would do it if something happened to my steering, but otherwise they don't need to.  Not sure that's a good statement regarding a recall, but.....I'd like them to do that while it's in the shop.

Anyone know what is causing either of these issues?  I'd like to give them some direction if I can since they can't seem to find the problems on their own.  I'm also hoping they will fix the problem with the chimes under warranty since I brought it to their attention when it was still in effect but they didn't fix anything.  Hoping better natures prevail.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 70 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:53 AM

Mind me asking what dealer you are going to?  Maybe it is time to try another one.  Crazy that they didn't do the recall for your steering.  Have you ever replaced the 12v battery on your car?  Others have reported crazy dash lights and issues when the battery starts to fail.

409947.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·