R-Shoe

900 Mile Club

I'm sure that I irked a lot of drivers this summer in reaching my goal of 900 miles on one tank of gas (13 gallons). I drove only to and from work, on mainly quiet residential streets (12 miles each way to my workplace). Never over 30 MPH and mostly under 20 MPH, very few traffic lights. Ambient temperature usually above 80. As can be seen, 85% of those 901 miles were EV miles. I know that such driving as a routine is impractical, but this is a good demonstration of the mileage capabilities of this car.

post-16331-0-50534600-1535261618_thumb.jpeg

Edited by R-Shoe

Here is another snapshot from today showing the typical numbers I get during one trip to my workplace under ideal conditions. The typical mileage for each trip between work and home ranged between 74 and 84 MPG depending mainly on weather conditions. (Rain causing cooler ambient temperatures and wet roads would significantly decrease the MPG numbers.)

post-16331-0-90200500-1535264431_thumb.jpeg

Great Job Driving! :) Interesting you got more EV miles and I got better MPG's. I think that means the ICE was running more efficient in my case.post-11246-0-05726700-1535300819_thumb.jpgRecord tank run 9/26/16 (actual GPS mileage 931.8/ 13.7 gal. to fillup/68 mpg.)

Wondered if you used information from my YouTube videos to get your results.

Paul

Edited by ptjones

Great Job Driving! :) Interesting you got more EV miles and I got better MPG's. I think that means the ICE was running more efficient in my case. 92616NRec.jpg

Record tank run 9/26/16 (actual GPS mileage 931.8/ 13.7 gal. to fillup/68 mpg.)

Wondered if you used information from my YouTube videos to get your results.

Paul

Haha! Do you have tips for driving under 30mph?? Clearly, the OP did this as something of an experiment. Nice job, but not really practical, sustainable, or real-world friendly. But still, pretty cool result. :)

I think he could have done better if he used Grill Covers, 50 psi in tires and ICE block heater. He could have gotten 70 mpg I would think. To get 68 mpg twice I was driving between 60 - 30 mph driving State Routes where Speed Limit is usually 55 mph. Grill Covers and ICE block heater are very helpful for short trips like 12 miles. The ICE never gets close to operating temps in short distance drives. :)

Paul