Cobra348

2019 model year

Looks like Fusion will be around for one mnore year - at least. Some articles on Energi changes, but also mention FFH in passing. :shift:

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1115817_2019-ford-fusion-energi-plug-in-hybrid-gets-25-miles-from-revised-battery

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2019-Ford-Fusion-Energi-Overview-c27658

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/20/sleeker-smarter-2019-ford-fusion.html

There's still time to buy a new one! :love_shower: The Ford link goes into more detail for all Fusion lines. A lot of the option stuff we now have is gonna be standard.

ADDED: Just checked (4:25 PM EDT) and the '19 Fusion build pages are up on Ford DOT com. They weren't as of last night.

Edited by Cobra348

Slightly sharper lines on front faschia.

SE, SEL and Titanium trim lines.

SE, SEL run 17" rims, Titanium is 18"

SE, SEL have the 5-bar grille, Titanium has the chrome mesh ala '17/'18 Platinum.

Roadlights only on Titanium and different bezel shape.

Some new colors (Agate Black, Blue, Velocity Blue and a Copper shade).

Interior colors are Black (all trim), Medium Light Stone (SE/SEL) and Russet (Titanium only).

The full-width chrome strip in the rear is gone ... only is in the taillights (thank you, Ford).

That's a fast look around the build pages.

They really revamped the options! For SEL Hybrid, one option - moonroof. That's it. Titanium has none and SE has 3 (I think). Energi? <chuckle> None ... ya get what ya see altho the battery has larger KWH and allegedly better range than before.

BUT ... did some number crunching. Compared to current car, a 2019 SEL has everything I have except heated steering wheel BUT also has Navigation which I don't have (was $795 originally). Overall MSRP including delivery and no incentives is $2100+ less than sticker price of my current car. Seriously! I had to look twice and I have my window sticker. I only have 5 more payments to go and I'm thinking about it.

But I recommend dropping by a dealer and at least getting the tri-fold brochure on Fusion. Makes for some interesting reading. My salesman says gas line is not going to be produced but the brochure includes it so I think for '19 it will be. Have fun!

ADDED: 17" rims ran 225/50R17 tires. '19 models with 17" are 235/50R17. Makes sidewall about 2/10" taller.

Edited by Cobra348

I noticed that you can get a ICE block heater for $100 which is new. :)

Paul

I noticed that you can get a ICE block heater for $100 which is new. :)

Paul

Even tho I live in a heavy snow/cold area, I've never had one. I thought they were available ... but I'll go by your note.

I found something else, however ... SHARKFIN ANTENNA!! I just noticed that when rotating the exterior view on the site. The brochure has a Rich Copper Titanium on the cover and it also shows a sharkfin. Gotta be true, right?

EDIT: Interiors are tagged as ActiveX but that is a trademark by Microsoft - programming controls. Did Microsoft make the interiors for these cars? Is there some sort of cross-licensing deal that allows Ford to use this trademark? To my knowledge MS has not relinquished the trademark of ActiveX.

Maybe someone who knows more about trademarks can shed some light?

Edited by Cobra348

Not a lawyer, but I think trademarks apply only to a specific domain. For example, you could have Kleenex branded aftermarket radios for the FFH without issue. Few, if any, would confuse the radio manufacturer with the facial tissue manufacturer. The question would be if the reputation of one affects the other.

ActiveX (which is absolute garbage, the gateway to most computer viruses, and now abandoned) can probably be used for car interiors without a phone call much less than an agreement.

ICE heaters were only an option for Fleet orders and some cars came with them in the coldest States or Areas, kind of hit or miss. ;(

Paul

ICE heaters were only an option for Fleet orders and some cars came with them in the coldest States or Areas, kind of hit or miss. ;(

Paul

Was standard on mine in Minnesota

Was standard on mine in Minnesota

You are in one of the Cold States. If you check you couldn't order that way, you are lucky it just came automatically that way. :)

Paul

Not a lawyer, but I think trademarks apply only to a specific domain. For example, you could have Kleenex branded aftermarket radios for the FFH without issue. Few, if any, would confuse the radio manufacturer with the facial tissue manufacturer. The question would be if the reputation of one affects the other.

ActiveX (which is absolute garbage, the gateway to most computer viruses, and now abandoned) can probably be used for car interiors without a phone call much less than an agreement.

Hmmmm. Makes sense if it is a context issue. I think I may look into understanding these things. Forty years IT (and messing with ActiveX controls) and you'd think I might know this stuff. Nope.

Thanks! You ya have me on a hunt! ;)

It does depend on the context and whether a person would be confused by the use of the trademark.

When the Lexus car was introduced, Toyota was sued by Lexis-Nexis the legal database people and lost since a consumer would not normally think a legal service (if they knew it at all) was related to a car. I am an attorney, and while this is not my primary area of expertise, I would think that the interior would not be confused with MIcrosoft. If the ActiveX was on the radio or electronics, I would be more concerned.

It does depend on the context and whether a person would be confused by the use of the trademark.

When the Lexus car was introduced, Toyota was sued by Lexis-Nexis the legal database people and lost since a consumer would not normally think a legal service (if they knew it at all) was related to a car. I am an attorney, and while this is not my primary area of expertise, I would think that the interior would not be confused with MIcrosoft. If the ActiveX was on the radio or electronics, I would be more concerned.

It made sense that it would be context-sensitive after ethermion said it but it never occured to me that would be the case. You just cemented that for me. Thanks!

I found something else, however ... SHARKFIN ANTENNA!! I just noticed that when rotating the exterior view on the site. The brochure has a Rich Copper Titanium on the cover and it also shows a sharkfin. Gotta be true, right?

I could never figure out why Ford didn't use the shark fin all along. It's about time they are adding it.

I replaced my stem antenna with a shark fin from CD3 (http://cd3performance.com/Visual-Garage-Shark-Fin-Antenna-Fusion-Milan). Easy to install and no degradation to radio or satellite reception.

Sharkfin Antenna

Just leased my first hybrid about 3 weeks ago. 2019 Fusion Titanium Hybrid. Before this one I just had a 2016 Fusion SE. I work at a Ford Dealership (office) and glad the owner talked me into getting it. Not only were there around 7000 in incentives/rebates but also D Plan price brought it down considerably. Just joined the forum to browse about with some of the questions I have and my brother keeps asking me about it.

The comments about the "shark fin". My wife told me the other day as she was getting in, "you know you have a shark fin on your roof. That looks ugly." :(

What's ugly is the stubby whip on the roof. At least the shark fin has a little pizzzazz to it. This will be my next little mod to my FFH. I just swapped in a Fusion Sport grille (all black) so I could stop with all the masking and painting of the crappy 5-bar setup.

Edited by Cobra348

CD3 performance sells a shark fin antenna for the Fusion. You send them the color code and it's custom painted. I have one and like it a lot (works fine for AM/FM and Sirius, too)

Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna
- VG model: 2013+ Ford Fusion

CD3 performance sells a shark fin antenna for the Fusion. You send them the color code and it's custom painted. I have one and like it a lot (works fine for AM/FM and Sirius, too)

Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna

- VG model: 2013+ Ford Fusion

Here's mine...

post-13031-0-06644400-1554566423_thumb.jpg

post-13031-0-14681500-1554566435_thumb.jpg

Yup - I've looked at CD3 and have the page bookmarked. Just need to knock down the grille bill before tossing another C-note at the car. :)

Yup - I've looked at CD3 and have the page bookmarked. Just need to knock down the grille bill before tossing another C-note at the car. :)

You have the Steeda strut tower brace and rear sway bar that I've wanted but never done anything about.

You have the Steeda strut tower brace and rear sway bar that I've wanted but never done anything about.

Steeda applicability will not specifically list FFH but they do fit. I also recommend the hood struts because the pole is no longer needed ... and if that is a hassle for you, the struts will take it away.

You have a '15 so there is a bit of a hack needed on the right side if you get the hood struts. Steeda is pretty good about having pictures and it is not anything that would be a danger in any way ... clearance issue. My '17 had to have some stuff shifted for the same issue, but not like the '15 I had.

Edited by Cobra348