stlouisgeorge

Fusion Name is now a "Sport Wagon"

July 11, 2018, 6:00 AM CDT

Bloomberg Business

Ford Is Killing the Fusion and Giving the Name to a Sport Wagon

"The Fusion name probably will live on when the sedan exits early next decade, according to a spokesman. It will be replaced in the showroom by a high-roofed hatchback built on the same mechanical underpinnings, said two people who asked not to be identified revealing future product plans."

And you thought it couldn't get worse..

Edited by stlouisgeorge

Ummmm, no. Just no. If I wanted my Dads car, I'd have a Buick Vista Cruiser or a Ford Country Squire. Jeez. Recent experience in an Escape showed me that my FFH is the way to go. Ford drops that and I believe Malibu will be my next car. Escape: 26 MPG; Fusion FFH:46 MPG - by receipts.

Edited by Cobra348

I believe Malibu will be my next car.

I was looking forward to how Ford would improve the FFH, but no longer. I will have to be looking forward to how FFH competitors improve theirs. The Malibu will definitely get a look. But I'll be in my 2015 FFH until 2020 or later, which allows time for substantial improvements.

I'll keep the current FFH or a while longer, but the Malibu has a slightly smaller ICE, larger trunk, a bit less in price for same options. BUT ... reviews have said that entry/exit can be a mite troublesome and rear window view is limited. I'll check one (Malibu) out some time. I've already looked at Prius and the re-intro'd Insight and they're in the running. Kia Optima is out ... too costly compared to all the others.

Edited by Cobra348

There aren't any "underpinnings" anymore with unibody vehicles. Maybe "drivetrain" is meant.

Pic of Ford Mondeo

It is rather ironic that Ford didn't try to sell the Mondeo (Fusion) wagon in North America.

It is rather ironic that Ford didn't try to sell the Mondeo (Fusion) wagon in North America.

Emissions controls are different from ours ... making for conversion/modification necessities. That's why we don't see diesel Fords here like there, or 3-door Fiestas vs our 5-door ones.