Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Hood ajar warning after replacing front blinkers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jjd

jjd

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

I had to replace a front blinker bulbs last weekend and I thought I had done everything correct except I'm now getting a hood ajar warning.

I've checked the hood and latches and everything seems correct so I suspect I accidetly dislodged a quick connect harness for the latch sensor and can't figure out where that would be.

I had disconnected each of the light house wiring harnesses and a two-pin connector under the right light housing attached to the frame which I believe is for the fog lights and thought all three were reconnected. All lights are working.

Where would the hood open sensor be located? Is there a quick connect for that sensor which I may have accidently disconnected?

Thanks for any help

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:05 AM

The hood has two latches and presumably has two sensors.  Verify that both latches are secured.

#3 OFFLINE   jjd

jjd

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:57 AM

Yup I know the two latches, and did check them for any sort of switch sensor. Check both latches weren't stuck open and found that both looked to be working correctly (and hood is down tight). Pressing on the closed hood doesn't seem to remove the warning. I couldn't see any sort of wiring on/near the latches. I can't find those switches.

Any idea where these hood sensor switches are mounted? (pictures?)  Most of the car door sensor switches I've seen are placed somewhere else in the door frame and woudn't be surprised to find the same with the hood. Just don't know what these would look like or where to look. 

#4 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:22 AM

Yup I know the two latches, and did check them for any sort of switch sensor. Check both latches weren't stuck open and found that both looked to be working correctly (and hood is down tight). Pressing on the closed hood doesn't seem to remove the warning. I couldn't see any sort of wiring on/near the latches. I can't find those switches.

Any idea where these hood sensor switches are mounted? (pictures?)  Most of the car door sensor switches I've seen are placed somewhere else in the door frame and woudn't be surprised to find the same with the hood. Just don't know what these would look like or where to look. 

There is a gray connector at the lower left of the driver's side latch.  It appears to be wired to a microswitch located directly above it.

Make sure the hood release lever is fully retracted.  If it isn't completely retracted it might affect the microswitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·