Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

"killing off several sedans, including the Fusion"

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   talmy

talmy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 132 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

Until a few weeks ago we had a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid and a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Being older (I'm 69 and my wife is 73) we want cars with as many safety driving assists as possible as well as easy entry/exit and a comfortable ride. The 2014 Fusion was supposed to have all available assists available at the time but didn't due to various mistakes in ordering. So I was considering a replacement.

Then the news about Ford dropping sedans came out. The 2018 Titanium would have been a lovely upgrade, and the 2019 would be as well with its cruise control that goes down to stop/start. But, frankly, this news looks like a killer for the cars holding their value.

So we ended up replacing the 11 year old Camry with a RAV4 Hybrid, going the SUV route. A bit less gas mileage than the Fusion, but it has all the safety assists and then some, and the easy in/out of an SUV. Cost was 10% higher than the old Camry, so actually less considering inflation, and was 10% less than the Fusion. Insurance is actually less expensive than either, being $200/year less than the Camry it replaced.

Keeping the Fusion as our second car. The real shame is we much prefer the Ford dealer service (we've been there for 32 years!) over the Toyota service, so in that respect we would have been happier keeping with Ford.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   talmy

talmy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 132 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:56 PM

Until a few weeks ago we had a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid and a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Being older (I'm 69 and my wife is 73) we want cars with as many safety driving assists as possible as well as easy entry/exit and a comfortable ride. The 2014 Fusion was supposed to have all available assists available at the time but didn't due to various mistakes in ordering. So I was considering a replacement.

Then the news about Ford dropping sedans came out. The 2018 Titanium would have been a lovely upgrade, and the 2019 would be as well with its cruise control that goes down to stop/start. But, frankly, this news looks like a killer for the cars holding their value. (They won't become collectors items, at least not in my lifetime!)

So we ended up replacing the 11 year old Camry with a RAV4 Hybrid, going the SUV route. A bit less gas mileage than the Fusion, but it has all the safety assists and then some, and the easy in/out of an SUV. Cost was 10% higher than the old Camry, so actually less considering inflation, and was 10% less than the Fusion. Insurance is actually less expensive than either, being $200/year less than the Camry it replaced.

Keeping the Fusion as our second car. The real shame is we much prefer the Ford dealer service (we've been there for 32 years!) over the Toyota service, so in that respect we would have been happier keeping with Ford.

#43 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 534 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:54 PM

Then the news about Ford dropping sedans came out. The 2018 Titanium would have been a lovely upgrade, and the 2019 would be as well with its cruise control that goes down to stop/start. But, frankly, this news looks like a killer for the cars holding their value.

My '17 has the stop/start stuff but I wanna say you should keep your foot over the brake.  I've had it creep up at a light even after stopping ... to an uncomfortable distance from the car up front.  Might want to check Carmax or something for 2017 models - one owner, etc.

Edited by Cobra348, 27 May 2018 - 12:54 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#44 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,526 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

What do you have the following interval set to?

#45 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 534 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

My interval is 2 seconds and shifts to 4 when over 55 for prolonged time.  Car does stop fine, but it acts as if the brakes are just slightly backed off of so it can creep.  I've gotten in the habit of letting it stop by itself then using my foot on the brake. <shrug>

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#46 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,526 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

Unfortunately my 2013 does not have that capability.  When it gets down to a low speed it issues a "ding" which is my notice to take over to prevent a collision with the car in front.

#47 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 714 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

This discussion of stop/start makes me happy I decided against those high-tech "assist" options when I got my 2015 FFH. I decided against them because I was afraid they were too new to be properly sorted out.

• MXGOLF and Texasota like this

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#48 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

Last year I drove a Navigator across Mexico City in rush hour without touching the pedals.  It's well sorted out.

#49 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,001 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

It may be well sorted out and great technology but only when it works. This forum is full of posts where various sensors have failed or give false warnings in a random and unpredictable manner. Making it worse, the techs at dealerships are often at a loss when it comes to reproducing, diagnosing and servicing these problems. Typical body repair shops are even less equipped to deal with the myriad of high tech sensors and getting them all working again after major body repairs.

#50 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 137 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Interesting notes from the banker world (credit news)

Percent of Ford Sales as "passenger cars:

• 26.21% (2014)
  • 16.05% (early 2018)
  • 16.05% (mid 2018)

Best Selling Ford Vehicles:

• 24.5% (Ford F-150 pickup truck)
  • 11.9% (Ford Explorer SUV)
  • 10.4% (Ford F-250 truck)

For the first time, a passenger vehicle is not among the top 5 models.

So A "F-150" is a "pickup".  But a F-250 is a "truck".  Begs question what is a "pick-em-up truck"?  What is a F-350?  ("Car cruncher")?

If you find credit rating interesting (I do),  this was also interesting info on Ford Motor Credit.

The deal's concentration of “super prime” borrowers with FICO scores greater than 749 is 37.4%, which is consistent with REV transactions and amortizing FCAOT transactions. Borrowers with FICO scores less than 650 is 14.4%, which is at the bottom of range compared to prior REV transactions.

Edited by stlouisgeorge, 14 July 2018 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·