Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

accidentally locking intelligent access remote in trunk

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lkatze2

lkatze2

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 37 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:46 PM

The other day my daughter accidentally locked the intelligent access remote for my 2014 titanium in the trunk of the car, furthermore all the doors were locked.  Knowing how the remote will unlock the drivers door by having the remote in your hand and placing your other hand into the door handle, I thought the trunk would also unlock by pressing the trunk open button that is located on the outside of the trunk lid, since the remote was just inside the trunk.  But this did not open the trunk, I ended up giving her the door code to open the drivers door.    Can anybody confirm that this is normal that the trunk lid will not open if you lock your remote in the trunk????   BTW, my daughter is a Honda car salesperson and she said the newer Hondas allow the trunk to be opened by the trunk button if you lock your remote/keys in the trunk.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Bce3

Bce3

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln MKZ
  • My Hybrid's Year:2018

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

I imagine it’s so someone can’t open your trunk while you are sitting in the drivers seat.

#3 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:53 AM

Unlike Honda's the car is smart enough to know that the key is inside the trunk, not outside.  So yes, it's not allowing you (or somebody else) to open the trunk and grab the key.  Idea being you could throw a gym bag / purse or something else in there while you go out for a jog and not need to carry your keys around.

Program a new code for your daughter so she never needs to call you again.  Plus it can be tied to her seating position.

#4 OFFLINE   stlouisgeorge

stlouisgeorge

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 137 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum (Shadow Black)
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:41 AM

I think Ford's engineering is tops.  Even though I cringe when I leave my FFH [running] with the fob in my pocket and get the "honk honk reward", I still end up laughing remembering my friend at work who had just leased a $90,000 Tesla (waiting months to get it).  His wife dropped him off and then drove off to her workplace (the routine).  He got a call 15 minutes later asking if he had the Tesla fob.  (He did).  His wife was 15 miles away with no way to (1) lock her vehicle outside work, and (2) no way to start the car again.

The Tesla doesn't honk when someone walks off with the car's fob in their pocket (score one for Ford engineering).  As seen in Amazon Prime Video's Grand Tour series reviewing a Tesla X, there is a mode on their fob where the car will drive to your position, and another where it lifts and "bird flaps" both  rear gull-wing doors, flashes the lights and plays Beethoven's Ode to Joy on the speakers.  If Ford had added a "celebration mode" and gull wing doors to the Fusion it might have survived.

Edited by stlouisgeorge, 29 April 2018 - 10:42 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,526 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

A Tesla can be locked and unlocked, started and driven using the Tesla app on a smartphone.  The app must be linked to the owner's Tesla account.  The downside is don't park in an underground garage because both the smartphone and the car must have cellular access.  The car uses AT&T.

#6 OFFLINE   billford

billford

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 253 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:None
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

The other day my daughter accidentally locked the intelligent access remote for my 2014 titanium in the trunk of the car, furthermore all the doors were locked.  Knowing how the remote will unlock the drivers door by having the remote in your hand and placing your other hand into the door handle, I thought the trunk would also unlock by pressing the trunk open button that is located on the outside of the trunk lid, since the remote was just inside the trunk.  But this did not open the trunk, I ended up giving her the door code to open the drivers door.    Can anybody confirm that this is normal that the trunk lid will not open if you lock your remote in the trunk????   BTW, my daughter is a Honda car salesperson and she said the newer Hondas allow the trunk to be opened by the trunk button if you lock your remote/keys in the trunk.

Confirmed this with my car. 

If the keyfob is anywhere inside the car, including the trunk, the doors will not unlock by touching the handle. You need to enter the keypad code. 

#7 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 532 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

From the 2017 FFH owner manual - page 63

"Opening the Luggage Compartment
Enter the factory-set code or your personal
code, then press 5 6 on the keypad within
five seconds."

Sooo, the keypad can be used to open the trunk if you know the code!  And if I'm not mistaken this does not unlock the drivers door but even if it does, relock it as the trunk will be open..  The 5-6 keystroke needs to be within 2-3 seconds after the last digit of the code.

Edited by Cobra348, 09 May 2018 - 08:25 AM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#8 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:07 AM

The code unlocks the driver's door.

Immediately pushing 3-4 unlocks all of the doors.

Immediately pushing 5-6 opens the trunk.

It does not re-lock unless you push 7-8 and 9-0 at the same time.

#9 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:00 AM

BTW my dad's 1993 Taurus worked exactly the same way.

#10 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 532 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

The code unlocks the driver's door.

Immediately pushing 3-4 unlocks all of the doors.

Immediately pushing 5-6 opens the trunk.

It does not re-lock unless you push 7-8 and 9-0 at the same time.

What I clipped in was copied from the PDF of the manual.  So noted ... and corrected.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#11 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,846 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

A Tesla can be locked and unlocked, started and driven using the Tesla app on a smartphone.  The app must be linked to the owner's Tesla account.  The downside is don't park in an underground garage because both the smartphone and the car must have cellular access.  The car uses AT&T.

I thought Teslas used BlueTooth when in proximity.

#12 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:12 PM

I thought Teslas used BlueTooth when in proximity.

The app never talks directly to the car.  It must go through a Tesla server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·