Sign in to follow this  
lkatze2

accidentally locking intelligent access remote in trunk

The other day my daughter accidentally locked the intelligent access remote for my 2014 titanium in the trunk of the car, furthermore all the doors were locked. Knowing how the remote will unlock the drivers door by having the remote in your hand and placing your other hand into the door handle, I thought the trunk would also unlock by pressing the trunk open button that is located on the outside of the trunk lid, since the remote was just inside the trunk. But this did not open the trunk, I ended up giving her the door code to open the drivers door. Can anybody confirm that this is normal that the trunk lid will not open if you lock your remote in the trunk???? BTW, my daughter is a Honda car salesperson and she said the newer Hondas allow the trunk to be opened by the trunk button if you lock your remote/keys in the trunk.

Confirmed this with my car.

If the keyfob is anywhere inside the car, including the trunk, the doors will not unlock by touching the handle. You need to enter the keypad code.

A Tesla can be locked and unlocked, started and driven using the Tesla app on a smartphone. The app must be linked to the owner's Tesla account. The downside is don't park in an underground garage because both the smartphone and the car must have cellular access. The car uses AT&T.

I thought Teslas used BlueTooth when in proximity.