Sign in to follow this  
cngrevolution

forscan and transmission behavior

so I have a 14 Fusion hybrid and also a 14 C-Max energi. When in the cmax energi and i shift to L it slows the vehicle down as if i was lightly stepping on the brake. It makes it easy to 1 foot drive in traffic. Just for info if the cmax battery is full like after a charge then putting it into L will cause the engine to rev up to slow down because the battery is full and the energy has nowhere to go. Now in the Fusion hybrid the same thing causes the engine to rev up to slow the vehicle down. This happens weather the battery is almost empty or full. So now the question is to any of the smart people here that know the codes. What i would like to do is to change the programming using Forscan in the PCM (im assuming thats where it would be) maybe the BCM. anyway I have a 14 fusion energi VIN that has the exact same options and have tried to look at the code to see whats different but no luck yet. any thoughts would be appreciated.

I don't think Forscan will get into the PCM. That's not a minor change, that's a major calibration strategy difference. There's likely a very good reason Ford set it up that way (probably because the smaller hybrid battery can't regen fast enough to provide the decel that customers expect in L). So even if you did figure out a way to change it, the regen wouldn't be strong enough to give you what you're looking for.

Incidentally Ford did increase the regen rates in D mode on 2015 models. Have you driven one of those to see if you like it better? That's likely a calibration update that could be done.