Sign in to follow this  
Anita Clary

Car shuts off on highway

I'm hoping for some advise. I have a used 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. It drives great as long as I stay below 50 mph. On the highway or interstate it will cut off. After pulling over, turning the car off, and restarting, the green light comes on and it's good to go again for a while.

I didn't buy the car locally. When I took it to the Ford Dealer, they kept it for a week before looking at it, never came to a conclusion as to what the problem was and mentioned something like it could be $10,000 to repair. I think they just didn't want to figure out the problem. But at least they didn't charge me anything.

I got the codes:

P0A7A

P1A07

P0A3E

P0AF7

​I don't think the car needs a transmission or battery. I drives just great. The car was in a collision before I bought it (hit a stopped car) and had the radiator replaced.

Can someone tell me what I should ask to have checked when I take the car to another dealer? I thought perhaps check out the cooling systems first.

Any input is much appreciated.

The first three are for the high voltage inverter.

The last is for the DC to DC converter that charges the 12 volt battery.

Feed the codes to Google for more information.