Sign in to follow this  
Bobo

Upgrading the sound system in my newish 2015FFH

Okay, so I've got a new FFH which I love. I'm ready to upgrade the sound system. I have the SE, no no fancy Sony system. I've ordered 4 speakers. 2 infinity reference component speakers for the front and two infinity kappa two-ways for the back. I already have a Rockford Fosgate 4 chan amp that would be perfect for it. It is a 300 watt amp (75 watts rms each speaker which is exactly what they are all rated for at 2 ohms).

Anyway, just wondering if there's anything I need to be mindful of in regards to this being a hybrid? Would a 300 watt amp overtax the system in any way?

You may go through 12v batteries quicker. The 12v Batteries in these is very small and designed to only run a few 12v accessories. I added a second battery just for my amps. I am drawing 1000watts so it was required for mine.

Thanks! So the stock alternator should be sufficient for a 300 watt amp then?

Thanks! So the stock alternator should be sufficient for a 300 watt amp then?

The car does not have an alternator or a starter motor. A DC to DC converter generates 12 volts from the high voltage battery. The engine is started by one of the electric motors in the eCVT.

The question you need to ask is what is the fuse rating for the DC to DC converter?