Goopyguy56

Possibly getting ffh

There was no recall on the 2013-14 transmissions which is the problem. After that they seem to be OK. Actually there is no maintenance on the eCVTs other than perhaps an oil change.

For my last car purchase -- which I completed this weekend, I looked at the Camry LE and Hybrid LE as well as the Malibu LS. Based upon pricing, etc., the Fusion was the most comfortable to drive and the least expensive out the door by several thousand dollars. While it is possible that the Fusion might be slightly less reliable than a Camry, I do not feel that the difference is statistically significant. Now having 5 Fusions in the family, the only problems that I have had over the past 3 years (other than recall work) were (a) the throttle body on one of the 16 FFHs, (b) the windows not staying up on the 17 FFH, © the sim card reader for the NAV failing in the 16 FFH and (d) the driver's seatbelt locking up on the 16 FFH. Note: My wifes 16 FFH has had the issues. My sons 16 FFH has only had the recalls.

Having had Volvos, Hondas and Toyotas in the past, I can tell you that all of those brands have had similar type problems from time-to-time.

Edited by rdr