Sign in to follow this  
Barsoom

Random issue - audio beeps come from Sync when radio turned on

I don't recall when it first started happening, but I suspect it's when the recalled circuit board in the center console was replaced.

At random times, when I start the car in the morning and turn on the radio, I get a repeat-pattern beep coming from the Sync MyFord touch system. It is a different pitched beep from the Sync screen beeps. It's similar to the front/back driver alert beeps.

Also, if I'm adjusting the climate control buttons (temp, fan speed, etc.), it seems like every fifth press causes this same beep on top of the normal beep.

Turning off the radio and turning it back on does not make it go away. It seems that the car has to be completely shut down for a period of time for the system to clear itself. The problem is gone when I go back to the car after work. After a few weeks, it starts over again.

I also saw a post about a TSB for an under-dash beep from the driver alert system that should come from the Sync speaker system. I also have that problem, but I can't recall where I saw that TSB. Perhaps that issue would fix this one, too?

I have a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid, early Feb 2013 build date.

Any ideas?

I get a deep beep (or popping) periodically - from the rear speaker. Usually it's when I am getting into the seat and a couple times when I was loading groceries into the trunk (most recent it was two distinct beeps). It doesn't happen all the time but I plan on mentioning it when I go in for 30K oil change.

This is a steady, repeating tone from the speakers after turning on the radio system. It doesn't go away until the car is turned off for a period of time.

I don't know what triggers it, but it goes away after the car is shut off for a period of time, and comes back several weeks later.

I think it is connected to the front/rear driver assist system. I also occasionally get the system beep that comes from behind the dash instead of through the speakers, so there is a software corruption in there somewhere.