One gripe I have is the camera. The position it is in gets all the rain and slush and snow shmutz all over it and I need to keep wiping it off to use it!
My idea: Borrowing from BMW - place the camera behind the trunk logo. Oh hell, it ain't borrowing ... it's a blatant ripoff of a good idea! Have a spirng-loaded hinge on the top of the logo. When in reverse, the camera pushes out, flipping the logo up. When not needed, the camera is safely tucked inside the trunk. The spring on the logo gets it back in place.
- Camera is protected from inclement weather.
- Current trunk setup already has the camera harness and stuff in there, so it's a reposition of already existing parts.
- With a more centered camera, the guidelines also should allow for more centered parking when backing in. Right now, it's just a bit off-center because of the position of camera.
- With the added spring on the logo, it is one more little thing to fail.
- if the logo does get damaged, the camera is possibly more likely to get damaged.
That's what I would most like to see changed. If not in this manner, then some way to cut down on the collection of crud on it.