Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing the emergency tir repair kit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Starlifter

Starlifter

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

A question for all the FFH owners who have the so-called tire emergency kit in the trunk I lieu of a spare.  

I want to replace the kit with a donut or an 1ull-size spare, with the spare being my first preference. When I measured the wheel well it appears there is not enough depth for an 18-inch wheel and tire.   I don’t want to purchase a new or used 18-inch spare only to have it not fit. Has anyone out there with 18-inch an wheel and tire actually fit the spare into the existing wheel well?    It appears the wheel well will only accommodate the smaller spare. The 18-inch wheels are 8 inches wide rather than 6.5-inches on the smaller wheels and tires.  I may have to go with the donut. Any inputs would be appreciated

• Jmorgan59 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

It has been reported that the non-hybrid version of the car comes with a donut spare in the wheel well.

• Starlifter likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 525 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Look here for the parts info and some other details about doing the donut spare.  Use Invoice Part # for dealer purchase. For a less expensive option a compact spare, jack, wrench and assembly box from a 2013+ gas Fusion should work.  The hold-down bolt for the mobility kit is reused for the compact spare hold-down.

Size:  This sets you up with a 16" compact spare that will fit into the well under the floor.  Swap it for the mobility kit.  For 17" usage this doesn't affect things too badly when it's used but with 18" setups there a little difference.  Use the compact spare on the rear when using 18" rims ... otherwise your steering will be very out of true and that's not good.  Ie., for front flat, use a rim from the rear on the front flat side, then the donut on the rear position.

Weight:  The compact spare and gear are about 30-35 pounds, so this will affect MPG if that's a concern for you.

Personal:  I put the compact in my prior '15 and then the current SE.  I kept the mobility kit in the garage and simply swapped it in when needed.  I went the dealer route because salvage yards around here want almost as much as I paid at the dealer.  Oh well.

Edited by Cobra348, 19 February 2018 - 09:37 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#4 OFFLINE   Jmorgan59

Jmorgan59

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

Dear Sir

I just Replaced my with A spare I got mine on E-bay for $190.00 For All the tire /Jack / The grey Foam thing That holds it all together. You will need to take out the Styrofoam insert that came with the Car so you can put the tire in.  It will fit.

#5 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

It works for the hybrid.  It does NOT work for an Energi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·