batesdm

Pop / Knock sound on releasing brake and acceleration

Hi,

We have been having some trouble diagnosing a sound that has started to occur on our 17 Hybrid SE.

It has approx 52,000 km on it currently and it does get a fair amount of use. City driving.

We hear a knock or a pop sound coming from seemingly under the pedal somewhere, when coming to a stop and releasing the brake (ie, having come to a complete stop) and then sometimes when we disengage the brake to move the foot to the gas pedal. Periodically we will hear it when first pressing the gas pedal to accelerate.

We have had it to the shop 3 times now to address it, they have done their tests. We live in a cold climate and the last thought was that ice had accumulated under the belly somewhere and was causing a disturbance or catching on something. Just returned from the shop and it didnt happen until a couple blocks from home, so still unresolved.

We use the car for income so having it in the shop for a few days now is taking a toll.

Has anyone experienced this? have a fix? we would have thought at first that it was a caliper issue...obviously dont know what they are doing exactly to diagnose so unknown what they have tried.

thanks in advance - ill try to add a recording

Could be the transmission/engine bushings going bad. Usually happens when shifting into park when still rolling below 5mph.

Shifting into park with the stupid rotary dial switch Ford used, is very easy to do when looking backwards, while trying to shift to drive.

Of course, it could be something else, but I absolutely hate that gear shift rotary dial!

Yes, I have the same problem with my 2017 Fusion Hybrid.  I call it a klunk sound when I am driving at slow speeds and either accelerate or decelerate.  I took it into a Ford Service dealership.  They heard the sound, but could not diagnose the problem.   They said It was not in the front end suspension.  Their next step step would have been to open up the transmission, but I told them not to do that.  It's not a severe problem, yet.  If it gets worse, I will take it in again.