Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

This is a great car

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Unearthed

Unearthed

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2018 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2018

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

Well I've 500 miles on my 18 FFH and I really really like this car.  I drive 40 miles each way to work and I've been getting 45-47 MPG on the way there and 37-39 on the way home.  Mostly downhill vs uphill is the reason for the difference.  Very comfortable and rides great...SYNC works as described.  My minor gripes: I have the halogen headlights in the projector lenses and they are quite frankly unacceptable.  I will remedy this soon.  I occasionally hear what sounds like plastic or rubber rubbing together when I go over uneven pavement.  It's sporadic and not a huge deal, but I do like silence. 

It's an SE with the tech package.  The dealer sold it for $50 above invoice and Ford has 0% and a $2k rebate right now...so it was $24k and change.  I wasn't even considering a hybrid, but with the rebate it came to the same price as a fairly loaded SE with ecoboost.  I'm glad I made the choice I did.  It's like playing a video game with all the fuel and power screens.  I enjoy seeing how long I can keep in it EV mode.  Looking forward to warmer temps.

Edited by Unearthed, 06 February 2018 - 10:10 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   johnnyp12

johnnyp12

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:14 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Congratulations and welcome! This car is pretty great! A few things I’ve learned over my ownership:
-Try to get threw the owners manual, it’s important to know things like: HVB disconnect, jump points, dead battery entry/start. I guarantee you’ll find something you didn’t know.
-Fiddle with your display modes, like turning off instant fuel economy on the Empower screen, it will show you more threshold.
-The stock headlights are kind of tragic, I took off my bumper (should be ez access for ur car) and changed them with some “Lighting Dark” H11 LED. They work perf
-Warmer months = AC = lower mpg.. Set auto climate control, dont just put on max AC all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·