Sign in to follow this  
Unearthed

This is a great car

Well I've 500 miles on my 18 FFH and I really really like this car. I drive 40 miles each way to work and I've been getting 45-47 MPG on the way there and 37-39 on the way home. Mostly downhill vs uphill is the reason for the difference. Very comfortable and rides great...SYNC works as described. My minor gripes: I have the halogen headlights in the projector lenses and they are quite frankly unacceptable. I will remedy this soon. I occasionally hear what sounds like plastic or rubber rubbing together when I go over uneven pavement. It's sporadic and not a huge deal, but I do like silence.

It's an SE with the tech package. The dealer sold it for $50 above invoice and Ford has 0% and a $2k rebate right now...so it was $24k and change. I wasn't even considering a hybrid, but with the rebate it came to the same price as a fairly loaded SE with ecoboost. I'm glad I made the choice I did. It's like playing a video game with all the fuel and power screens. I enjoy seeing how long I can keep in it EV mode. Looking forward to warmer temps.

Edited by Unearthed

Congratulations and welcome! This car is pretty great! A few things I’ve learned over my ownership:

-Try to get threw the owners manual, it’s important to know things like: HVB disconnect, jump points, dead battery entry/start. I guarantee you’ll find something you didn’t know.

-Fiddle with your display modes, like turning off instant fuel economy on the Empower screen, it will show you more threshold.

-The stock headlights are kind of tragic, I took off my bumper (should be ez access for ur car) and changed them with some “Lighting Dark” H11 LED. They work perf

-Warmer months = AC = lower mpg.. Set auto climate control, dont just put on max AC all the time.

I thought my 2017 Fusion Platinum Hybrid had a huge defect on the drive home from the dealer (as the bright's turned themselves on and off seemingly on their own). I still laugh about it..

I studied the 2000+ options on the Ford Fusion and finally gave in to the Platinum trim. I love my 2017 FFH. Of course the price of gas went down, but it will head back up. The only negative is the weight on the brake pedal and the trunk. At least its not as bad as an Energi. I still go on youtube occasionally for a laugh (watching that poor guy who drove a Fusion Energi demo for a week and had to store his luggage in the back seat LMAO).

I found a new feature on the car every day during my "honeymoon month". I had the "fever" bad. Eliminating all competitors to the 2017 FFH as I lovingly read hundreds of articles and virtually "building" one on the ford.com sales site a dozen times a day for months. I found a new feature in the left display last week after 15 months. It's a crazy good car. Enjoy it! The exclusive-to-Fusion "stop-and-go assist" is like butter - the stress of a hard urban traffic jam melts away.

-Try to get through the owners manual, it’s important to know things like: HVB disconnect, jump points, dead battery entry/start. I guarantee you’ll find something you didn’t know.

It's hard to believe you can't put gas in the car, nor open the trunk with a dead battery. But it's true.

Pay attention at the "walk around" by the salesman post-purchase. You may need to know about the jumper cable "points".

Heck .. you might want to note that you can't open the hood until you find the secret latch lever on the right side (facing the car)

(find and practice opening your hood NOW).

I did idiot proof myself. If you lose you $200 key fob and are miles from home in the dark you are more or less screwed.

But.. I've got you covered.

Wrap up your spare key fob in aluminum foil and hide it in the car. The foil will keep the fob from "talking" to the car.

(so it stays locked -- and unstartable). Just approach the car and touch the pillar over the drivers door. Enter your 5 digit code

and you can get in, unwrap the foil on the fob and drive home.

Edited by stlouisgeorge

Attach a small rope to the emergency trunk release and put the other end behind the fold down seats.

That's for an FFE. For an FFH you should be able to reach through and pull the trunk release directly.

Open the driver's door using the hidden key slot.

Fold down the rear seats.

Pull the rope to open the trunk.

Pull the handle on the driver's side of the trunk to open the fuel door.

Take your battery powered "jump" box out of the trunk and connect it to the jump points under the hood.

Start the car.

Edited by murphy

I thought my 2017 Fusion Platinum Hybrid had a huge defect on the drive home from the dealer (as the bright's turned themselves on and off seemingly on their own). I still laugh about it..

I studied the 2000+ options on the Ford Fusion and finally gave in to the Platinum trim. I love my 2017 FFH. Of course the price of gas went down, but it will head back up. The only negative is the weight on the brake pedal and the trunk. At least its not as bad as an Energi. I still go on youtube occasionally for a laugh (watching that poor guy who drove a Fusion Energi demo for a week and had to store his luggage in the back seat LMAO).

I found a new feature on the car every day during my "honeymoon month". I had the "fever" bad. Eliminating all competitors to the 2017 FFH as I lovingly read hundreds of articles and virtually "building" one on the ford.com sales site a dozen times a day for months. I found a new feature in the left display last week after 15 months. It's a crazy good car. Enjoy it! The exclusive-to-Fusion "stop-and-go assist" is like butter - the stress of a hard urban traffic jam melts away.

I have the gray Plat. 2017 fusion. 13K on it now and love it! I just got my invite to place the order on the Tesla 3 and put a hold on it.

The stop and go assist is not exclusive to the Fusion. I have it on my 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and love it. the first few times you use it it is a little unnerving- "Is it going to stop?" but it always does.

Congratulations and welcome! This car is pretty great! A few things I’ve learned over my ownership:

-Try to get threw the owners manual, it’s important to know things like: HVB disconnect, jump points, dead battery entry/start. I guarantee you’ll find something you didn’t know.

-Fiddle with your display modes, like turning off instant fuel economy on the Empower screen, it will show you more threshold.

-The stock headlights are kind of tragic, I took off my bumper (should be ez access for ur car) and changed them with some “Lighting Dark” H11 LED. They work perf

-Warmer months = AC = lower mpg.. Set auto climate control, dont just put on max AC all the time.

How do you change display modes on the Engage and Empower screens? I thought there was only one configurable display?

Edited by SimAndy

How do you change display modes on the Engage and Empower screens? I thought there was only one configurable display?

Altho I haven't messed with it (because Empower tells me what I want) I think the instant fuel stuff is in Settings somewhere. That's guesswork as I don't have it all memorized. <chuckle>