mwr

Climate info display only adjusts driver-side temp

On my 2015 FFH, I've often used the right-hand information display (to the right of the speedometer) set to "Climate" to adjust the temperature of the climate control, using the up-arrow and down-arrow switch on the steering wheel. It has always, until recently, adjusted both the driver and passenger side temperatures. However, recently it started adjusting only the driver side temperature. I don't know how to set it back to adjusting both sides and can't find anything about that in the manual.

The driver and passenger temperature controls can be linked or unlinked in the center controls.

I agree with Murphy, I was going to ask if you have the MyFordTouch controls on Dual? If so, it would only control the drivers side.

I haven't tried since Murphy's post above to link the temp controls in the center console. I did try before I posted, but not after. So I'll try again.

Also, I'm not clear what "MyFordTouch controls on Dual" means.

I haven't tried since Murphy's post above to link the temp controls in the center console. I did try before I posted, but not after. So I'll try again.

Also, I'm not clear what "MyFordTouch controls on Dual" means.

Dual means both the driver and passenger controls are synced together. If not in dual mode then they operate independently.

As mentioned being in dual mode synchs both driver and passenger to adjust together. I can't recall exactly how my '15 worked, but on my current one ('17 model), if the passenger alters their side via the controls in the center stack, then the 2 sides are independent (dual mode).

To reset this on a '17, turn Climate Control off then on and it will be synched to 72 degrees both sides. If synched and the driver adjusts their side the passenger side is adjusted the same way. With the CC controls in Sync3 center screen, there is a "Dual" touch button that will be lit if the sides are independent. Touching that button area will synch the sides up again to the setting of the drivers side.

Edited by Cobra348

There is a center-screen "Dual" touch button that turns a yellow light on and off below it, but even with the Dual light on, the left-side climate still says "Driver's Climate" and controls only the driver's side temperature.

post-13031-0-93790400-1515633457_thumb.jpg

post-13031-0-93171300-1515633472_thumb.jpg

Edited by mwr

You want the light off. If on, than the controls are independent and not synced. Manually set both the the same temp and make sure dual light is off. Power off the HVAC and then back on and see if it is synced for you.

Power off the HVAC and then back on

I'm not clear that that means or how to do it.

First, touch the Dual button to turn that yellow light off. Both temps appear to be set the same according to your pics.

Second, Timewellspent was referring to shutting off the Climate Control then turning it back on. There may be an on/off switch for it on the console ... that's where mine is.

First, touch the Dual button to turn that yellow light off. Both temps appear to be set the same according to your pics.

Second, Timewellspent was referring to shutting off the Climate Control then turning it back on. There may be an on/off switch for it on the console ... that's where mine is.

Yes, I had interpreted the "Dual" touch button opposite to how it operates, as if it meant "Both". It actually means "Separate". Still don't know about the on/off, but it may not matter if I just turn off that "Dual" light.

Edited by mwr

See if that changes your driver display - titling at least. Also, when it's off, adjust the driver side up 1 degree and see if passenger does as well ... then drop it back.

EDIT IN: See the Auto button with a yellow light? I'm betting that is the on/off switch (screen-wise). Look for something similar on the center console. The symbol in that touch button **IS** on my on/off on my '17 CC console - as well as the touch-screen.

Edited by Cobra348

I just came back from the car. Pressing the "Dual" touch button once to turn off the light is all it took. Now the Climate/temp control on the right-hand information display (to the right of the speedometer) adjusts both temps. It still says "Driver's Climate" but it adjusts both.

Thanks for the help here. To me, the way it works is very non-intuitive but maybe that's just me.

nope. I also thought DUAL meant both at once instead of separate. However, DUAL does mean two, so in a way it makes sense. Only when I played with it did I find out I was wrong. <shrug>

Dual means both the driver and passenger controls are synced together. If not in dual mode then they operate independently.

Nope, just the opposite :-)