Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Just replaced my tires on my 2014 FFH Titanium

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Howie411

Howie411

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 269 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:22 AM

Just had my tires replaced on my 2014 FFH Titanium.  Car has 39k miles on it and tires were rotated every 6k.   I went to at least 6 different places and everyone told me the Tire Size was a rare one for the car and had to be ordered (235/45R18).

I ended up going with BJ Club and got 4 Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ  A/S tires for $560 after installation.   I think it was a pretty good price.

The one odd thing I noticed on the receipt I got back from BJ's it said,   Damaged Lug Nuts (Manufacturer Defect).  Not sure what that means, I was going to call and ask.

Edited by Howie411, 18 December 2017 - 11:24 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 507 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

As I understand it, the Fusion lugnuts are a 2-piece gizmo ... essentially the nut with a shell over it. If worked on too often or at wrong torque, the shell gets warped or crushed.  I believe a new set that is not 2-piece can be had off Amazon or somesuch.  Dunno that I'd call it manufacturer defect, but see what a dealerr thinks.  Might cost ya some for new ones as compared to getting it off the web.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#3 OFFLINE   sschnath

sschnath

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 59 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

The one odd thing I noticed on the receipt I got back from BJ's it said,   Damaged Lug Nuts (Manufacturer Defect).  Not sure what that means, I was going to call and ask.

Ford had issues with the lug nuts rusting and swelling up due to the 2-piece configuration that Cobra348 mentioned not being moisture proof. There was supposedly a recall at one time but it was time-limited and I didn't find out about it until after my lug nuts were almost impossible to remove. Ended up buying better lug nuts on Amazon. They should have replaced all of the affected lug nuts in the field but I guess it's not a customer sat issue once Ford's arbitrary deadline expires.

#4 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 704 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

these are the ones I got: https://www.ebay.com...3!US!-1&vxp=mtr

Paul

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·