Sign in to follow this  
rosco

Buzzing from dash when cold

It doesn't make any different sounds when it's cold but the ICE runs more often. There may be some debris in the HVAC ducts from a rodent that is newly exposed to the fan or vent openings for heating. Also, the windshield mounted rear view mirror in my car had a buzz. It's difficult to work on so for the last 8 years I've had a piece of foam jammed above it that stops the buzz.

Well it's definitely not normal. Have you looked and listened under the hood? It's a motor of some kind. How does it stop, abruptly or gradually?

Edited by lolder

Sounds like a bad fan.

On my 2014, there's a temperature/humidity sensor with a fan just to the right of the steering column. You can see the louvers, probably about 1 inch square, the small fan is just behind the louvers.

I think yours may be the same.

Listen if the noise is in that area. You may be able to feel it buzzing also. You can disconnect it and see if the noise goes away, but you will have to get behind the dash.

It's there on the 2010 also and comes on with the car "on". I'll bet that's it, a bug or something might be stuck in it. I can't find how to get at it but maybe that lower dash piece snaps off.